News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Fifteen Years.

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, September 27, 2022, 07:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Today marks my fifteenth year since immigrating to the Kingdom.
During that time I have made new friends and hopefully made some difference for the nation. On this occasion I make two public pledges. First, I will be resubmitting the bill to allow citizens to receive certificates of celebration on significant citizenship milestones. And give credit to @mximo for pushing this idea.  This bill fell to the FreeDems/PdR blockade earlier this term. Second, I will continue to serve the Kingdom in ways that are possible and necessary for at least another 15 years.

For the Kingdom,
Breneir

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Ian Plätschisch

Congratulations!

For the record, the certificates bill didn't fail because of the boycott. I'd still vote no on it because there's no need for a law. I'd be happy to issue certificates to anyone who requests one.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on September 27, 2022, 10:04:36 PMCongratulations!

For the record, the certificates bill didn't fail because of the boycott. I'd still vote no on it because there's no need for a law. I'd be happy to issue certificates to anyone who requests one.

I'm sure that some FreeDem member comments saying that it was due to the blockade were just misstatements.

@mximo as of now apparently we have the ability to request our citizenship celebration certificate. I officially request mine now.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Almost all the bills that were boycotted, we would have voted against anyway because we thought they were ill-conceived. Which is one reason why we didn't expect the outrage, I suppose. My attitude on this particular bill was the same as the Seneschal's.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 28, 2022, 02:11:33 PMAlmost all the bills that were boycotted, we would have voted against anyway because we thought they were ill-conceived. Which is one reason why we didn't expect the outrage, I suppose. My attitude on this particular bill was the same as the Seneschal's.

Miestra, thank you for confirming they were indeed blocked though. Honestly, I am glad that the purpose of the bill has been achieved with the Seneschal's announcement. I have stated my wish for a certificate now that the public has been made aware it is an option but will follow up in a few days officially to firm up the details.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Iason Taiwos

We can get certificates? Well, I want mine. Celebrated ten years a Talossan last year. I recently got ten years in my current job, and they not only gave me a certificate of thanks for my service, but they gave me a tiny catalog of gifts I can pick from. I'm debating wether to get the tv or the telescope. (If we had money, enduring some of the nonsense and drama of Talossa for ten years should qualify you for a new car.)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Iason Taiwos on September 30, 2022, 06:25:22 PMWe can get certificates? Well, I want mine. Celebrated ten years a Talossan last year. I recently got ten years in my current job, and they not only gave me a certificate of thanks for my service, but they gave me a tiny catalog of gifts I can pick from. I'm debating wether to get the tv or the telescope. (If we had money, enduring some of the nonsense and drama of Talossa for ten years should qualify you for a new car.)

I have requested mine in this thread since I am not sure of the process. Also, Iason, congratulations on a decade as a Talossan! Also also, I'll take a new car too!

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

I just need to get the certificates designed and sent out. I'll contact you for the address.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on September 30, 2022, 08:03:53 PMI just need to get the certificates designed and sent out. I'll contact you for the address.

I will PM you mine.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on September 27, 2022, 10:04:36 PMI'd still vote no on it because there's no need for a law.

I wish more people got this.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 30, 2022, 08:25:25 PM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on September 30, 2022, 08:03:53 PMI just need to get the certificates designed and sent out. I'll contact you for the address.

I will PM you mine.

@Ian Plätschisch did you get my pm with the mailing address?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 01, 2022, 10:08:18 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 30, 2022, 08:25:25 PM

I will PM you mine.

@Ian Plätschisch did you get my pm with the mailing address?
Yes

Ian Plätschisch

@Breneir Tzaracomprada, your certificate is in the mail. Unfortunately, I do not have my own printer and my apartment's printer only does black and white, but I still think it looks pretty good.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on October 02, 2022, 08:28:05 PM@Breneir Tzaracomprada, your certificate is in the mail. Unfortunately, I do not have my own printer and my apartment's printer only does black and white, but I still think it looks pretty good.

Awesome, thanks Seneschal!

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight