News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Building the Talomat for the 58th Cosa GE

Started by Sir Lüc, December 31, 2022, 11:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Hello. First of all, sorry for not doing any of the Witt-related stuff I was meant to do after graduating. I have been very busy procrastinating and brooding. I will fix that by promising to do more stuff, so without further ado:

Some of you will remember Talomat, the wildly successful voting advice tool I published for the 53rd and 54th Cosa GEs. I would be happy to resume my work leading the project with the aim of publishing a new version for the upcoming elections.

Is there any interest from people in helping writing questions, and from parties in contributing answers? If so, I can just kick the ol' Google Doc from last time back online, so we can start editing the list to make it more relevant to 2023's Talossa.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Ian Plätschisch

Munditenens Tresplet

Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I am more than happy to help with answers.

Fora Talossa can also do a video advert for FB Witt as well.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

Right, we have a GDoc at:

For now, the questions are those used in December 2019 (three years ago!). They obviously need updating to reflect the current political situation. If you're looking to help, I'd start from there. Feel free to suggest additions, edits or deletions using GDocs's tools.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Lüc

I got back to all suggestions, I think, and left additional comments. Thank you everyone for your input so far!
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

The instance is live (but still empty): talomat.talossa.com

As for the actual content: party political agents, please go through your manifesto and add to the doc any points that are not currently represented. This is crucial in order for Talomat to be effective as a tool.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Alrighty, I think we may have a final-ish list of questions. This is your last chance to review them before they go out to party leaders later today!

Reminder: while there's a lot of questions (45), I do expect them to be cut down to as low as 30, once parties submit their answers and I see where there's agreement (hence no need to ask questions).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Small public notice that the questions were sent to party leaders via Witt DM earlier today. 1/5 have answered so far. Hopefully we can have a full slate ASAP.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

I received 4/5 replies from party leaders, so Talomat is being compiled as I type this. (If PdR returns their questionnaire, I will include them as well of course)

Talomat will include 36 theses. The following theses will be axed due to broad agreement (3 "yes", 1 "neutral"):
- It is a problem that everything in Talossa revolves around Wittenberg.
- The Government should actively encourage civic participation by actively rewarding enlisted members of the government's cultural force, the Zuavs.
- More ministerial duties should be shifted to apolitical civil servants.
- Talossa's Government is generally functioning well.

And the following theses will be axed due to 3 out of 4 parties being neutral:
- Talossa is a real country with sovereign land claims and should behave as such.
- The Government should more frequently use common words or phrases in the Talossan language.
- The former King of Talossa, Robert I, should be permitted to immigrate again through the normal process without interference, should he apply for it.
- Prospective citizens should pass an open book exam before becoming a citizen, to ensure a cursory understanding of Talossa's institutions and culture.
- Provincial unions should be preferable to outright mergers.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time: