News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

TNC 58th GE 50-Word Statement

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, January 07, 2023, 12:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The TNC is delighted to share its 50-word statement for the 58th GE in both Talossan and English.
¡Bachetz la CNT!

Noi advocatzent pr'iens regipäts liverat es divertat, avetz obiceis pü famulapunts starp toct.
Fossent açeitarh comtribuziuns da crypto, püblicarh dal informaziun över l'inmigraziun es el báxhet, actualmint úçarh noastra glheþ, es reformarh el cußeglh eftir las precedenças actuais.
Talossa fost estarh 'n tzara da vischta es uportunità unfinì.

We stand for a free and fun Kingdom, with closer relationships between everyone.  We should accept crypto donations, publish information on immigration and budget, actually use our language, and reform the Cabinet to reflect real priorities.  Talossa should be a land of infinite vision and opportunity.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

As a bitcoin enthusiast, I appreciate that 6% of your 50-word statement is devoted to "accept crypto donations"

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Sir Lüc

Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on January 07, 2023, 04:40:59 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on January 07, 2023, 12:40:24 PMWe should accept crypto donations

Well, TNC is out :(

Thanks for watching. Sorry to hear that was the "straw that broke the camel's back" but thanks for considering us anyway, Glüc.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Lüc on January 07, 2023, 04:42:53 PMEw.

We wish the Parti Tafialista the best of luck in the election, Luc.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

TNC Party Statement Video has been updated.
Party leader still uses Anglossan according to local Cjovanis @Iason Taiwos and @Vitxalmour

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

QuoteWe should accept crypto donations,

"These are the TNC's top priorities for the coming term. And if you don't like them, we have others!"

I joke not because I have any love for the "crypto" Ponzi scheme. But a party's 50 words are their fundamental policy for the election. And to adopt a fundamental plank on the basis of "a guy says he'll vote for us if we have this plank", and then instantly toss it because *two* guys say "we won't vote for you if you have this plank"... suggests a certain lightmindedness.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 08, 2023, 02:51:36 PM
QuoteWe should accept crypto donations,

"These are the TNC's top priorities for the coming term. And if you don't like them, we have others!"

I joke not because I have any love for the "crypto" Ponzi scheme. But a party's 50 words are their fundamental policy for the election. And to adopt a fundamental plank on the basis of "a guy says he'll vote for us if we have this plank", and then instantly toss it because *two* guys say "we won't vote for you if you have this plank"... suggests a certain lightmindedness.

Actually, it was additional information, from in part you Miestra, that was helpful in this policy revision via the Discord plug-in below. I thank you for providing it.  And I am thankful for Luc and Gluc for, also in Discord, expressing their strong opinions and knowledge which also contributed to the policy revision.

Over the course of the afternoon several party members then debated it and came to a consensus. New information was made known and we responded with a policy change based on that new information.

This seems to be the opposite of "lightmindedness" as one should be able to reverse direction when others provide information which necessitates it. But I can see the partisan utility of describing our actions as such.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Certainly it's to your credit that you reversed course. But: have the TNC considered what led them to make the mistake of adopting that plank in the first place?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Well, we're a growing party with a lot of new citizens and new ideas.  Not everything is going to be perfect as we grow, but I think I can speak for the party when I say we're always open to feedback and we're going to keep trying our best.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on January 08, 2023, 01:08:25 PMTNC Party Statement Video has been updated.
Party leader still uses Anglossan according to local Cjovanis @Iason Taiwos and @Vitxalmour
I turned out to be a lot busier this weekend than I thought, so let me just say what I wish I'd had time to say as soon as you posted this: thank you and awesome result!  I knew it was going to be awesome when you proposed this whole idea, and it really did turn out well.  Plus, it's fun to be adding to the scant records of spoken Talossan.  (I know 100% that we made some mistakes -- apologies to Tafi's ears!)
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein