News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[FORA TALOSSA] 58th GE Party Debate

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, January 19, 2023, 10:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Fora Talossa presents the 58th General Election Party Debate

FreeDems representative and Seneschal Ian Platschisch and TNC representative Baron Alexandreu Davinescu debate pertinent issues as Talossans go to the ballot box in the Kingdom's 58th General Election

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

You fixed the name thing! Wow, thanks! And amazing graphics -- great job!

The whole country is lucky that Fora Talossa exists, Breneir.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Great work! Thanks for getting this up and so quickly!
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 20, 2023, 06:48:55 AMYou fixed the name thing! Wow, thanks! And amazing graphics -- great job!

The whole country is lucky that Fora Talossa exists, Breneir.

You both did superbly, Baron! Thank you so much for agreeing to participate while dealing with your mother's health issues.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Honestly after watching this debate I think a regular Plätschisch & Davinescu talk show would be epic. I really enjoyed the discussion.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on January 20, 2023, 03:55:38 PMHonestly after watching this debate I think a regular Plätschisch & Davinescu talk show would be epic. I really enjoyed the discussion.
I would do that, actually. Ian, you interested?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 20, 2023, 04:57:47 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on January 20, 2023, 03:55:38 PMHonestly after watching this debate I think a regular Plätschisch & Davinescu talk show would be epic. I really enjoyed the discussion.
Sure, I could go for that.

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on January 21, 2023, 09:22:39 AM
Breneir, is that something you feel people might like to watch regularly on FT?

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 21, 2023, 12:27:17 PM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on January 21, 2023, 09:22:39 AM
Breneir, is that something you feel people might like to watch regularly on FT?

Yes, I do. It was genuinely enjoyable. It doesn't have to be thirty minutes for each episode though.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

How do you think it would work? I guess you would be producer? Maybe we put up a thread asking what big issues people want us to address, or historical things, around some central topic? And then a week later we do a discussion about it.

Like, Ian, just spitballing here, but maybe we do our first show on the Republic? Or maybe whatever else you want, I'm not particular.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 21, 2023, 04:20:43 PMHow do you think it would work? I guess you would be producer? Maybe we put up a thread asking what big issues people want us to address, or historical things, around some central topic? And then a week later we do a discussion about it.

Like, Ian, just spitballing here, but maybe we do our first show on the Republic?

Indeed, a thread with a poll on some potential topics is a good idea. If you all use zoom for the recorded discussion I can edit and publish on FT.

I wonder if a good topic for the first episode might be an analysis/discussion post-Election.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 21, 2023, 04:20:43 PMHow do you think it would work? I guess you would be producer? Maybe we put up a thread asking what big issues people want us to address, or historical things, around some central topic? And then a week later we do a discussion about it.

Like, Ian, just spitballing here, but maybe we do our first show on the Republic? Or maybe whatever else you want, I'm not particular.
I don't have any strong feelings about the format. I have to admit that I don't have a depth of knowledge about the Republic though.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I can't believe anyone is suggesting discussing the Republic without talking to former Republic citizens. And no, before you ask, not me.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Well, the whole idea was that it would be Ian and I discussing whatever Talossan topics might come up, and that would be one.  Others might be the king, King Robert I, the state of the provinces, or the language -- despite the fact that neither Ian nor I are royalty, territories, or fluent in Talossan.  It'll be fun!