News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Nomination of a Túischac'h - we messed things up

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, February 05, 2023, 02:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimadas es estimats MCs: I intended at this point to be calling for the election of a Túischac'h, as required by OrgLaw IV.12. However, the procedure for electing a Túischac'h - as previously provided in El Lexhatx - was deleted, by accident. A stuff-up which I take partial responsibility for, because I honestly didn't read that the procedure for electing the Túischac'h was in the part of El Lexh I wanted deleted.

Since we have to elect a Túischac'h anyway, does anyone mind if we use the previous method? I understand that maybe the incoming Cosa majority might have different ideas of how to do it, but I thought it worked well.

QuoteThe Cosa shall elect the Túischac'h as follows. (54RZ21) repealing both (50PD01) (52RZ3)

17.1. At any time between the Election Deadline and the following Dissolution of the Cosa, any Member of the Cosa shall be empowered to publish and open for signatures a petition nominating an eligible person for the office of Túischac'h. (54RZ21) repealing both (50PD01) (52RZ3)
17.2. Once a petition is published, any eligible Member of the Cosa shall be empowered to second the nomination by countersigning the petition in public. (54RZ21) repealing both (50PD01) (52RZ3)
17.3. Members may not second multiple nominations concurrently; if a Member wishes to support a different petition, he/she shall first publicly retract the earlier countersignature. (54RZ21) repealing both (50PD01) (52RZ3)
17.4. Following any number of petitions, presented as above and supporting the same candidate, being signed or counter-signed by members currently representing an absolute majority of seats in the Cosa, the candidate named in the petition(s) shall be declared by the Secretary of State to be the Túischac'h. (54RZ21) repealing both (50PD01) (52RZ3)
17.5. Petitions may not be carried over from one vacancy in the office of Seneschal to Túischac'h. Once a Túischac'h is elected as above, all petitions shall be made moot. (54RZ21) repealing both (50PD01) (52RZ3)

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Mistakes happen, which is another strong argument for the CRL! I can't speak for the TNC but it is in everyone's best interest that a Túischac'h be elected. What say you TNC?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I mean, I should note that I have a suggestion for the incoming Túischac'h - one conforming to the tradition that the Túischac'h should come from the opposition parties - and that suggestion is Lüc da Schir. But the majority will have the final say.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Would @the TNC leadership in the Cosă have any objections to a PD re-establishing the rules for electing a Túischac'h? Time is pressing if we want a Túischac'h to preside over a Living Cosă on the 25th.

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on February 06, 2023, 01:14:48 PMWould @the TNC leadership in the Cosă have any objections to a PD re-establishing the rules for electing a Túischac'h? Time is pressing if we want a Túischac'h to preside over a Living Cosă on the 25th.

As the clock is ticking, this could be done immediately also with an emergency PD signed by the current Seneschal. Restoring the needed articles erased from el Lexhatx by a genuine mistake which deal with the election of an organically required figure essential for the working of the Cosa is well inside the perimeter of the caretaker powers of the sitting Government in my opinion, as long as the new articles are the verbatim copy of those previously in force.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Okay! Now that thanks to swift action by the King and the outgoing Seneschal the election procedure is back on the books, I am happy to formally open a petition under the restored H.21.1 that Lüc da Schir be Túischac'h for the 58th Cosa, and stake my 14 seats to it.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

It has been the largest opposition party that gets the post in the past, so that would be my inclination.  Luc would do a fantastic job, of course, but it was the FDT that got the most votes after the TNC.  If @Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir says that no one in the FDT can do it at this time, and if Luc is interested in the post, then it's fine with me.

The Túischac'h is going to need to host and run the State Opening, as well as a Living Cosa, I'd imagine, in addition to the CRL duties.  So whoever wants the job should be someone who:
  • is comfortable conducting meetings over Zoom.
  • is able to help scrutinize legislation in the CRL.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 07, 2023, 06:54:46 AMIt has been the largest opposition party that gets the post in the past, so that would be my inclination.  Luc would do a fantastic job, of course, but it was the FDT that got the most votes after the TNC.  If @Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir says that no one in the FDT can do it at this time, and if Luc is interested in the post, then it's fine with me.

For the sake of transparency, I should say that Parti Tafialistà has been approached by the Free Democrats regarding this matter, and I have expressed my willingness to serve as Túischac'h, if nobody else in the opposition wanted a crack at it.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on February 06, 2023, 10:26:24 PMI am happy to formally open a petition under the restored H.21.1 that Lüc da Schir be Túischac'h for the 58th Cosa, and stake my 14 seats to it.

I second this petition.

Which brings the total seats to: 24.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 07, 2023, 06:54:46 AMIt has been the largest opposition party that gets the post in the past

Not true. Marcel Tafial was Túischac´h in the 56th Cosă.

Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 07, 2023, 06:54:46 AMIt has been the largest opposition party that gets the post in the past, so that would be my inclination.  Luc would do a fantastic job, of course, but it was the FDT that got the most votes after the TNC.  If @Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir says that no one in the FDT can do it at this time, and if Luc is interested in the post, then it's fine with me.

The Túischac'h is going to need to host and run the State Opening, as well as a Living Cosa, I'd imagine, in addition to the CRL duties.  So whoever wants the job should be someone who:

As the FreeDem Leader, i will confirm that the FreeDems support Lüc da Schir as Túischac´h, and will also second the nomination with my own 14 seats
Party Secretary of the Free Democrats of Talossa
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=34.0
Talossans in Christ Church :-
http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=294.0
Başbakan of Ataturk

Quote from: Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir on February 07, 2023, 01:47:23 PM

As the FreeDem Leader, i will confirm that the FreeDems support Lüc da Schir as Túischac´h, and will also second the nomination with my own 14 seats
I'll check with my party, but I'm sure Luc will do a great job.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa