National Skills and Social Connections Survey Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, February 06, 2023, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

I have was referred from hourworld.org and received a demo login from ADBdT (Association for the Development of Timebanks).  I will be setting up a prototype for Cézembre for review.

The Association was founded in Barcelona, Spain in 2012 and is run by several TimeBank activists, passionate for timebanks that work pro bono on developing tools to facilitate the management of timebanks, share best practices and give visibility to the timebank movement.  https://www.timeoverflow.org/

xpb

A prototype Timebank for Cézembre has been established at https://www.timeoverflow.org/organizations/395
Thus far I have listed offers for lasercutting and 3d printing, and requests for list-type trivia questions.  Let me know if you would like to join this test - I will be happy to add you just send me a PM.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on February 06, 2023, 10:39:31 AMWhereas, the TNC pledged during the recent campaign to create a citizen skills inventory which will be used as a part of the Service Corps Initiative in compiling a voluntary knowledge base of those possessing useful professional skills in potential government service for use by incoming administrations in search of technocratic talent, and

Whereas, as a part of this effort it is planned to introduce an optional question to the upcoming National Census, and

Whereas, under the relevant section of El Lexhatx C.1.2.2.2 is as follows: "Other questions on the Talossan Census shall be identical to the questions on the last census. These questions may be changed by the Chancery, either of its own volition or on request from the Seneschal, but any changes shall be approved by the Ziu, without needing to go through committee. These questions will be marked as optional, and at no time shall a citizen be forced or required to respond to an optional question."

Therefore, the Office of the Seneschal instructs HM Chancery to include the following additional question on the next census and submits same to the Ziu for approval:"

Service Corps Initiative. As a part of an effort to assist with recruitment of skilled volunteers the Government is collecting information from citizens concerning their available skills and their willingness to use them in service to the nation. In the space below, please describe skills and experience which you possess (ex: translation, social media management, database administration, website editing and maintenance, etc.)

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL, TNC)

I first want to thank the Chancery for publicly stating their interpretation of privacy laws and their impact on the Government's proposal to use the Census. In order to comply with this interpretation I will be making revisions to the above-quoted proposal for consideration in The Hopper soon.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

National Skills and Social Connections Survey Act

Whereas, the TNC pledged during the recent campaign to create a citizen skills inventory which will be used as a part of the Service Corps Initiative in compiling a voluntary knowledge base of those possessing useful professional skills in potential government service for use by incoming administrations in search of technocratic talent, and

Whereas, as a part of this effort it is planned to introduce optional questions to the upcoming National Census, and

Whereas, the relevant section of El Lexhatx C.1.2.2.2 is as follows: "Other questions on the Talossan Census shall be identical to the questions on the last census. These questions may be changed by the Chancery, either of its own volition or on request from the Seneschal, but any changes shall be approved by the Ziu, without needing to go through committee. These questions will be marked as optional, and at no time shall a citizen be forced or required to respond to an optional question.", and

Whereas, the Chancery has recently articulated an interpretation of existing privacy laws which allow for government use of the National Census for this effort.

Therefore, the Office of the Seneschal submits this request to the Chancery to include the following additional questions on the next census and submits same to the Ziu for approval:"

QuoteNational Skills and Social Connections Survey. The Government of Talossa presents the survey below as a part of its effort to build a voluntary inventory of citizen skills.  This will give the current and future governments a way to conduct an orderly and knowledgeable search for people with the needed skills and a preexisting desire to serve. The survey also includes optional areas to make miscellaneous interests and/or hobbies known in an effort to foster social connections between citizens.

I possess the following skill(s) available for occassional and voluntary use in service to the Kingdom (Please check all that apply):

Website Maintenance
IT/Database Administration
Writing/Public Communications
Social Media Management
Accounting/Finance
Translation
Other

I am interested in connecting with other Talossans around the following shared interest(s) (Please check all that apply):

Online Gaming
Writing/Literature
Conlangs (Constructed Languages)
Archery
Heraldry
Politics
Religion/Spirituality
Music
Timebanking
Other

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Seneschal)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

I think you included "Question Type" on the list of hobbies by mistake

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on April 25, 2023, 05:44:28 AMI think you included "Question Type" on the list of hobbies by mistake

Thanks Ian. Corrected.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on February 06, 2023, 03:09:35 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on February 06, 2023, 02:32:01 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on February 06, 2023, 02:10:39 PMOkay, outgoing Attorney-General chiming in here.

Given the current section of El Lexh:

QuoteC 1.2.2.3. Any information collected during the census that would individually identify any person or persons, including their contact information, shall be withheld from the public for to protect individual privacy, consistent with Lex.D.8. The only exception is that citizens may opt to have their e-mail address shared with party leaders, pursuant to Lex.D.8.5.4. Census information shall not be released under any "freedom of information" or "government transparency" requests, notwithstanding any other provisions of el Lexhatx.

It seems to me that the bolded bit is the crux here. I haven't seen that the TNC proposal requires any such information to be released to "the public" - but to the Government, confidentially. Is the Chancery's interpretation that "the public" means anyone who's not in the Chancery?

I think this needs answering as this was my understanding as well.

My concern is not necessarily in giving the government confidential information. My concern is that the law conflicts in that giving information that can identify someone is a problem. If you all want to write a law like this, I'm not standing in your way. I'm merely pointing out, perhaps clumsily, that I don't relish the thought of someone potentially suing the Chancery because someone in the government got information that could be protected, such as identifying information. The law in question uses the word "public" so perhaps a clarification of that particular piece of law as to what "public" means? Does that mean anyone outside the Chancery, or something far less specific?

In any event, I've belabored the point and will stop giving my input on this.

Bumping re: amending the privacy law. I'm seeing myself out of politics but this may still be a potential point of action for the next Ziu.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight