News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Discussion on Board Organization

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, February 10, 2023, 02:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

For that matter, maybe it makes sense to also nest the Cosa and Senats boards under the Lobby?  They're also almost never used.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I don't think it is necessary to move the boards.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Really? The front page of the forum is getting pretty long! Those three official boards aren't really casually perused or used, so they seem like prime candidates for reorganizing
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Let's talk about that in another thread so as not to derail this one :-)
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

I agree on moving the CRL under the Hopper and I'm not sure why that wasn't the case from the beginning.

I don't necessarily agree with moving Senate and Cosa under the Lobby, and incidentally I would prefer if all Terps were presented in the Lobby, and Cosa voting took place in the Cosa board.

And lastly, I do agree that the front page is getting too bloated, wayyyy beyond what I planned for when I created it. (An argument for another place, perhaps)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Personally, I'd have one Ziu board with all the stuff in the Lobby, Cosa, and Senats boards.  I think it would actually help visibility of their contents, rather than having nearly-dead boards with exclusive purposes.  But I don't feel strongly about that.

Let's move the CRL board, at least.  And brainstorm what else can be done -- it feels like it would be a mistake to consolidate the provincial or club boards, since they probably do benefit from being top-level accessible and visible.

I went ahead and moved the CRL board. Any other changes we can discuss.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Near the bottom of Wittenberg we might be able to save some space by doing with the three special interest groups (Toxophilite Club, Fora Talossa, Sci-Fi & Whiskey) what was done with the Partidariă/Registered Political Parties.

One parent (Special Interest Groups) board with all the groups listed as sub-boards.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

We could, but I feel it really is a good idea to have those sorts of clubs easily discoverable and visible.  Someone casually browsing might discover them and elect to participate, which isn't the sort of thing that can happen with the CRL (as an example).

It may really be time to make the provincial boards into sub-boards, alas... it would save a huge amount of space at a single move, and if we put them under main Witt as sub-boards, they'd still have good visibility.

Sir Lüc

I kinda agree with Breneir, and I'd do one better - I'd probably lean towards making those boards a subboard of the Chat Room instead, since that's where similar cultural efforts are conducted (TMT20, TCAT and so on.)

I fully agree with reverting the provinces to subboards, which incidentally is how it used to be on PB until about ten years ago.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Lüc on February 10, 2023, 04:42:08 PMI kinda agree with Breneir, and I'd do one better - I'd probably lean towards making those boards a subboard of the Chat Room instead, since that's where similar cultural efforts are conducted (TMT20, TCAT and so on.)

I fully agree with reverting the provinces to subboards, which incidentally is how it used to be on PB until about ten years ago.

My only concern with making them sub-boards of The Chat Room (I think) is the Chat Room is not a publicly viewable board. It might be beneficial for non-Witt members and even non-citizens to be able to see these groups and their ongoing activities.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Maybe we put up a poll of the nation of these options, and see if there's any general feeling on the subject?
A. Leave it as it is.
B. Make the special interest and province boards into sub-boards.
C. Only make the special interest boards into sub-boards.
D. Only make the province boards into sub-boards.

Sir Lüc

That sounds fine to me.

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on February 10, 2023, 04:50:05 PMMy only concern with making them sub-boards of The Chat Room (I think) is the Chat Room is not a publicly viewable board.

That's also fair. It's good we keep having a place where people can speak their mind on personal life stuff in private.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time: