[TERPELAZIUN] Ministrà del STUFF - Martă XLIV/2023

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, March 04, 2023, 02:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimat Túischac'h, I rise to deliver a Terpelaziun to the Minister of STUFF, as authorised by El Lexhatx H.2.

My question relates to the new Government's use of social media. Can the Minister please inform me:
a) who, precisely, that is, which individual, is updating Talossa's social media account?
b) whether the Seneschál was accurate when he recently said on Discord that "several dozen posts" have already been scheduled "over the next three to four months [at] a rate of about two or so a week"?
c) given that I follow Twitter regularly but only read Facebook when I have to, does this apply to all our social media accounts?
d) exactly what the Government aims to achieve through this near-"spam" level of postings, apart from getting annoyed citizens to unsubscribe?
e) because I know the Government loves KPIs, what will be the KPIs for success on whatever (d) turns out to be?

Grült méirci à toct.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimat Túischac'h, the Minister of STUFF answered the substantive question to my satisfaction in a now-lost post. I would like to reiterate my supplemental question, which was also lost:

"If the Government's KPI for their social media policy includes number of followers, would the Minister agree that the best way for Talossans to influence the Government to change its social media policy would be to cease to follow Talossan social media?"

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Just for context, more tweets were retweeted and liked in the first week and a half of this new policy than in the combined total years of 2019, 2020, and 2021.  The cat picture that was the first Pets of Talossa post was a big success, in particular.  So if those Talossans do depart, they might be missing out on some pretty great stuff!

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimat Túischac'h, are interjections to formal TERP threads like this permitted? Still awaiting the Minister of STUFF's reply to my supplemental question.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 09, 2023, 02:51:57 PMEstimat Túischac'h, are interjections to formal TERP threads like this permitted? Still awaiting the Minister of STUFF's reply to my supplemental question.

With all due respect to Dama Miestra, in previous terpelaziuns, context from other ministers has been regarded as perfectly fine. As an example, there is precedent from a few months ago from... well, Dama Miestra.

https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1668.msg13926#msg13926

And again, from Dama Miestra:

https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1586.msg13283#msg13283

And again, from Dama Miestra:

https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1514.msg12746#msg12746

I am sure that MinSTUFF Will formally answer within the next 6 days, as well.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 09, 2023, 05:28:11 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 09, 2023, 02:51:57 PMEstimat Túischac'h, are interjections to formal TERP threads like this permitted? Still awaiting the Minister of STUFF's reply to my supplemental question.

With all due respect to Dama Miestra, in previous terpelaziuns, it has been regarded as perfectly fine. As an example, there is precedent from a few months ago from... well, Dama Miestra.

While I thank the Baron for providing precedent, I must note that all of the examples he provided represent contributions that came either after the supplemental question has been answered, or after the questioner signified their intention not to ask a supplemental question at all.

I do agree with my predecessor's previous ruling that debate in Terp threads is admissible if on topic, but my interpretation of the question-and-answer dynamic is that until the back-and-forth has concluded in one of those two ways, the questioner and the minister responding hold the floor in turn, and it would not be in order for an extraneous contribution to be made, unless it was on a point of order.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

That makes sense, estimat Túischac'h, and I will be happy to comply.  Until last term, there was no formal guidance about how any of this was supposed to work, and so I was acting under what had previously been the guidelines.  You are the ultimate arbiter of what constitutes of what constitutes good order, and your clarification seems very reasonable.  Thank you!

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Original Response which was lost:
Ministrà à Savanar da Talossa àls Ultra-Fiovaes Folăs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Respuns à [TERPELAZIUN] Ministrà del STUFF - Martă XLIV/2023

a)
Els Ministreu es Distain Ministreu à STUFF.

b)
Yes, his comment was specifically in relation to scheduled posts celebrating and educating the public on Talossan culture. Obviously there may be times when this "scheduled rate" is exceeded, for instance while providing updates during a national emergency such as the recent Wittpocalypse, or announcing cultural events in line with our new cultural promotion policy.

c)
As stated in our recent cultural promotion policy, it is the perogative of the current Ministà à STUFF to leverage the entirety of the Kingdom's social media presence.

With that being said, the Kingdom's Facebook account was disabled and locked down during the resent government change over, and I would thank the previous Ministreu à STUFF for assistance in rectifying this situation for the good of the Kingdom. @Mic'haglh Autófil please PM me when you have a chance.

d)
"Near spam" level is a subjective determination which does not lend to objective analysis. A review of recent posts shows they include Cabinet updates, celebrating Talossan birthdays, Witt/Talossa.com system updates. None of these types of posts, nor the frequency at which they have been made, would seem to fit the traditional definition of spam.

e)
As Ministreu à STUFF, I personally view the leveraging of the Kingdom's social media presence as an end unto itself regardless of whether or not it actually increases the Kingdom's visibility. Even if we don't reach a single extra person, the people we do reach will be better informed of the state and richness of our Kingdom.

Filosofiçind aside, tracking KPIs is the only way to know if what we are doing is actually making a difference, or if we're simply spinning our wheels for the fun of it (or not). With that in mind, and with the help of the Infotecă (thanks to the new Distáin!) we will be tracking follower counts and immigration numbers as our KPIs.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Respuns Secund à [TERPELAZIUN] Ministrà del STUFF - Martă XLIV/2023

No I do not agree. My PM box and stuff@talossa.com email box are always open for my fellow citaxhiéns to express suggestions and concerns. I believe direct and honest communication to be the best way for Talossans to influence the Governamaintsch.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Estimat Túischac'h,

Now that the supplemental has been answered and with your permission I wanted to share a successful example of what increasing the Kingdom's social media use might mean. More citizens. Greater awareness of the Kingdom.
Below is a screenshot from today (13/3/23) of a person responding with "How do I become Talossan?" to an Instagram post concerning the Culture Ministry.

We have also seen an increase in followers on Twitter and Instagram since we started a sustained campaign of using social media to educate non-Talossans about the Kingdom.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimat Túischac'h, in light of both MinSTUFF's answer and MinImmigration's interjection, I would like to post a further supplementary question, if I may.

Does the Government see the function of the national social media to advertise the Kingdom to prospective citizens; or to keep current citizens informed? And if the answer is "both", does the Government not see a possible contradiction, in that the currently borderline-spam situation might work to attract interest, but just bore and annoy existing citizens?

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Respuns Tierçéu à [TERPELAZIUN] Ministrà del STUFF - Martă XLIV/2023

These are simply restatements of "d" and "e" from La Dama's first volley of questions. Please see my answers provided above.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa