[TERPELAZIUN] Ministreu dàl Tec'hnoloxhà (2023/03/04)

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, March 10, 2023, 02:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimat Túischac'h, I rise to deliver a Terpelaziun to the Minister of Technology, as authorised by El Lexhatx H.2.

Given the Minister's comments elsewhere on Wittenberg that he does not see his role as a political one, can I ask for:

a) an explanation of who in Cabinet sets the political priorities for the Ministry of Technology, i.e. who decides what is to be done, rather than how it will be done?

b) a description of the working relationship between the Minister and the Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin? I am aware that the Minister and the PermSec get on well and there's no friction: what I am asking for is how responsibility for 'doing the work' is shared between the two, or whether there is a duplication of roles.

Grült méirci.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 10, 2023, 02:53:29 PMEstimat Túischac'h, I rise to deliver a Terpelaziun to the Minister of Technology, as authorised by El Lexhatx H.2.

Given the Minister's comments elsewhere on Wittenberg that he does not see his role as a political one, can I ask for:

a) an explanation of who in Cabinet sets the political priorities for the Ministry of Technology, i.e. who decides what is to be done, rather than how it will be done?

b) a description of the working relationship between the Minister and the Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin? I am aware that the Minister and the PermSec get on well and there's no friction: what I am asking for is how responsibility for 'doing the work' is shared between the two, or whether there is a duplication of roles.

Grült méirci.

So, I say that I'd like to stay away from the Ziu and, bam, my first invitation. Thank you, again, for the air time, but I'm not that thankful for backdating the terp -- Looks like I should have replied last week.

In the cabinet my boss is the Seneschal. In conference, the technological needs of the realm are discussed and decisions are then made. It may surprise no-one that the web hosting fiasco has taken a lot of our attention, and it still has lots of work pending, so the highest priorities for the Ministry is to address everything that pertains to the web presence of our Kingdom for the upcoming weeks and months.

As for the work with the PermSec, my job so far has been 1) getting our Internet services back to stable, 2) back-up data and document procedures so that the services remain operational, 3) enable the Government and the Civil Service to fulfill their duties. I'll pivot on this last point. As I've been learning about our hosting situation, there's been some overlap with what Lüc may have done before. (I don't know how it was before, but I know for sure that I'm learning where things are and who should handle what.) This overlap has been in the form of knowledge transfer of all of our hosting needs and solutions, of which Lüc seems to have all the answers and a lot of lore.

As for specifics, I know next to nothing about the administration of the forums or our webpage or the Wiki (I didn't even have an account there). My responsibility is to ensure that the infrastructure is solid and that it runs smoothly for others to operate.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Thank you for this reply - it seems incomplete, but probably as time goes on and the Server Crisis passes behind me, we can revisit these questions. I would only advise the Minister that all Ministers of the Crown are responsible to the Ziu, and are therefore liable to be called to the Ziu to account for their portfolios.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan