Two recommendations

Started by King John, March 10, 2023, 04:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King John

1.  For people who like really good writing in a semi-fantasy sort of mode, Sing Your Sadness Deep (2019) is the premier collection of short pieces by Laura Mauro, who lives in London, has tattoos, and at least sometimes has pink hair.  (These are the fruits of 90 seconds worth of googling.)  There's not a dud in the whole collection, and a few of the stories are absolutely brilliant.  My fave was "Looking for Laika".

2.  Evan Williams "1783" Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, "extra aged in white oak", 90 proof.  Terrific stuff, FULL of flavour; to my mind it blows the doors off Maker's Mark or Bulleit (either of which I'm more than happy to drink, don't get me wrong).

-- John R

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: King John on March 10, 2023, 04:04:36 PM2.  Evan Williams "1783" Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, "extra aged in white oak", 90 proof.  Terrific stuff, FULL of flavour; to my mind it blows the doors off Maker's Mark or Bulleit (either of which I'm more than happy to drink, don't get me wrong).

-- John R

@King John Thank you for enjoying some of Kentucky's finest.
Have you tried 1792?
That is among my Bourbon favorites.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: King John on March 10, 2023, 04:04:36 PM2.  Evan Williams "1783" Small Batch Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, "extra aged in white oak", 90 proof.  Terrific stuff, FULL of flavour; to my mind it blows the doors off Maker's Mark or Bulleit (either of which I'm more than happy to drink, don't get me wrong).

-- John R

I'm partial to a good single malt 12 or 15 year old Scotch. My current favorite is Dalmore. I actually got to drink this particular brand when I visited Scotland a few years back. Sadly, I'm out of Dalmore Scotch (AD thinks I splashed it around the server room and caused the Wittpocolypse) so I'm forced to settle for Glenfidditch 12 year single malt. Ah the worries!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

King John

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 10, 2023, 04:09:02 PM@King John Thank you for enjoying some of Kentucky's finest.
Have you tried 1792?
That is among my Bourbon favorites.

I haven't tried 1792,no.  I'll definitely look for it.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

My current favorites are Chivas Regal 18 year old and Angel's Envy. I've been slowly experimenting with what are for me high end drinks...for me high end is anything over about $30 USD I also recently discovered a tequila called Adictivo black which is incredibly good!
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url