Status of 53RZ11 The Holidays and Observances Amendment Act

Started by Üc R. Tärfă, March 22, 2023, 06:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Üc R. Tärfă

• 53RZ11 was put to override the veto on 53RZ4
  • the then-Attorney General - before the results were certified - filed a Petition for Injunctive Relief before the CpI that as far as I can tell was never decided upon. I searched old witt, this witt, and the wiki and there's nothing on that matter.
  • the Chancery certified the result and the King expressely assented to it.
  • however el Lexhatx was never amended accordingly

Am I missing something? A document, a decision that stopped a Law approved by Cosa, Senats and assented by the King to be acted upon?

Because otherwise, 53RZ11 is valid and since july 2019 Lexh.F.2 and Lexh.F.4 are different from those written, and I'll modify it accordingly.

There's no real conflict - from a legal point of view - with 53RZ22 and 57RZ6: yes the results will be a mess but unless there's a decision I am missing, that is the law and I cannot act otherwise.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Seems like it's in a confusing limbo, caused by judicial inaction that's now basically insoluble.  The Cort could take this up, but I'd suggest the best thing to do is just have a bill affirming the modified F.2 and F.4.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Üc R. Tärfă

Actually it's not in a limbo, that's why I brought it up. If there's not a missing document - and as far as I can tell there's not - that's the law.

It's not something simple that can be cured in the bill I'm drafting like a wrong renumbering or a misplaced section, it's actually a different law.

There's should be a debate whether to rewrite that part introducing 53RZ22 and 57RZ6 in the text of 53RZ11 or rewrite the law with what is currently displayed in the Lexh.

I believe that this debate should be done rather than a simple "ok let's put in the law to ignore it".

I can provide both texts and the debate should be - should we go with A or B?
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I didn't mean to ignore it -- I meant just clarify in a new law to eliminate any confusion. Which way would you tend to think, yourself -- A or B?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Üc R. Tärfă

This is how it would look now (Note that the title will be renumbered from section 4 onward because of 53RZ22):

Quote2. The list of public holidays recognised and observed by the government is as follows:

2.1 Feb 28-Mar 1: Ziuas dal Anavatan - Combines Landmark, Culture, and Cestour Days into a multi-day festival leading into Berber Heritage Month. It is a celebration of all things Talossan, with a special emphasis on the special relationship all Talossans have to the Greater Talossan Area. On leap years, Feb 29th should be marked by the staging (digital or otherwise) of a Talossan Opera.

2.2 April 20: Reunision Day - Celebrates the healing of the great National Schism, and the history of the Talossan Republic of 2004-2012.

2.3 May 1: Flag Day - recalls the theft of the national flag in 1984. In true Talossan fashion, this day should be spent NOT displaying the flag, to encourage meditation on national symbols and Talossanity in general.

2.4 20 April. Reunision Day. Commemorating the royal proclamation of Reunision and the end of the National Schism.

2.5 1 June. Republic Day. Commemorating the foundation of the Talossan Republic as a day to honour democracy and the popular will, for both Republican and Monarchist traditions.

2.6 1st Monday in September: Monarchy Day - celebrates the institution of the Talossan monarchy and marks the resumption of the monarchy with the coronation of King Florence in 1988.

2.7 November 25: Victory Day - celebrates our victory in the Cone Wars.

2.8 December 26: Independence Day - celebrates our independence from the Big Neighbor.

4. The government of the Kingdom shall recognise and observe as a public holiday the day of, or the day before, the birthday of the current Sovereign.

4.2 The list of Days of Observance recognised and observed by the government is as follows:

4.2.1 the month of March: Berber Heritage Month. All citizens are encouraged to express themselves in whatever medium is appropriate, on the question of Talossa's real or imagined Berbercentric prehistory.

4.2.2 June 24: Immigration Day

4.2.3 September 28: Democracy Day

4.2.4 October 16: Publicity Day

4.2.5 December 12: Llimbaziua (Language Day).

4.3 The Minister of Culture may declare additional one-time Days of Observance upon petition by Talossan citizens. Permanent Days of Observance must be approved by the Ziu.

4.3.13. 10 December. Human Rights Day. A suggested method to celebrate Human Rights Day is reviewing Article XI of The Organic Law and/or the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Bold are the new addition which are misplaced.

This section:

QuoteThe Minister of Culture may declare additional one-time Days of Observance upon petition by Talossan citizens. Permanent Days of Observance must be approved by the Ziu.

must be preserved, changing from MinCul to The Seneschal may issue a Prime Dictate to declare to provide for all the PDs declaring Day of Observance which are not countersigned by the King.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ