[TERPELAZIUN] Immigration Fraud

Started by Açafat del Val, April 04, 2023, 05:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Açafat del Val

As a member of the Cosă in good standing, I have the statutory right to ask questions and receive answers from the incumbent Government. To wit, I would like to ask the Seneschal, the Distain, or another appropriate Minister about the Government's program, or in any case some statutory provision in El Lexhatx, with respect to fraud by immigrants into Talossa.

Does the Government agree or disagree with the following statement? "A citizen of Talossa who lies about his or her identity, especially with the knowing and willful purpose to deceive other citizens of such identity, has committed felonious fraud."

Does the Government agree or disagree with the following statement? "An immigrant who wishes to naturalize as a citizen of Talossa ought to produce bona fida, indisputable, verifiable, and in-good-faith identification of his or her identity, to exclude any and all pseudonyms, such as stage names or pen names."

Does the Government agree or disagree with the following statement? "Any citizen of Talossa, who is found to have deceived the Ministry of Immigration about his or her identity during the immigration process, or who is found to have deceived the Government in any manner about his or her identity during or after the immigration process, has committed felonious fraud and, therefore, ought to lose his or her citizenship of Talossa."

(To clarify: I am not referring to Talossa-ized names post-immigration. I am not referring to such names as "Açafat del Val" or the like. I am referring squarely to the concept that Talossa wants to avoid any and all repeats of the ESB Affair.)
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms