[TERPELAZIUN] El Seneschal etc.

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, April 11, 2023, 05:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimat Túischac'h, I rise to deliver a Terpelaziun to the Seneschál, the Immigration Minister, the Deputy Minister of Culture, the Deputy Minister of Stuff, the Scribe of Abbavilla and the incoming BHAID administrator, as authorised by El Lexhatx H.2.

1. Is the Seneschál familiar with the British children's cartoon, "Peppa Pig"?

2. Is the Seneschál familiar with the running joke that in Peppa Pig's town, every single job - from firefighter to supermarket clerk to veterinary nurse - is done by a single character, Miss Rabbit?

(If the answer to the preceding questions happens to be "No", I here introduce video evidence.)

3. Given that - with his impending appointment to the position of BHAID coordinator - the Senator from Florencia now figures on The Seneschál's List of state appointments in no fewer than six places - is the Senator from Florencia now Talossa's "Miss Rabbit"?

4. Leaving aside amusing name-calling for a second, is the Seneschál not thoroughly embarrassed that - having continuously attacked the Secretary of State in the previous Cosa for taking on too many jobs, he is now doing the same thing, at double speed?

5. Can the Seneschal also comment on whether any effort was made to find literally anyone else to be BHAID Administrator?

6. Is it healthy for democracy for Talossa for two "Ministers of Everything" to concentrate all functions of the State in their own hands?

EDITED TO ADD: I just noticed that the Seneschal is also going to be Talossa's delegate to MicroCon. This is getting out of hand.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Túischac'h, my answers are below:

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 11, 2023, 05:57:18 PMEstimat Túischac'h, I rise to deliver a Terpelaziun to the Seneschál, the Immigration Minister, the Deputy Minister of Culture, the Deputy Minister of Stuff, the Scribe of Abbavilla and the incoming BHAID administrator, as authorised by El Lexhatx H.2.

1. Is the Seneschál familiar with the British children's cartoon, "Peppa Pig"?
No.

2. Is the Seneschál familiar with the running joke that in Peppa Pig's town, every single job - from firefighter to supermarket clerk to veterinary nurse - is done by a single character, Miss Rabbit?
No.

(If the answer to the preceding questions happens to be "No", I here introduce video evidence.)

3. Given that - with his impending appointment to the position of BHAID coordinator - the Senator from Florencia now figures on The Seneschál's List of state appointments in no fewer than six places - is the Senator from Florencia now Talossa's "Miss Rabbit"?
No.

4. Leaving aside amusing name-calling for a second, is the Seneschál not thoroughly embarrassed that - having continuously attacked the Secretary of State in the previous Cosa for taking on too many jobs, he is now doing the same thing, at double speed?
No.

5. Can the Seneschal also comment on whether any effort was made to find literally anyone else to be BHAID Administrator?
The Administrator is appointed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs. I volunteered for the position because I wrote the authorising legislation nearly a decade ago and the organisation has been important to me ever since. If someone else IS interested in the position then I will gladly stand aside. Please note my decision to vacate the Scribery position as indicative of my willingness to do so.

6. Is it healthy for democracy for Talossa for two "Ministers of Everything" to concentrate all functions of the State in their own hands?
The Government is composed of five ministers and one deputy minister. I am not sure that qualifies as two people doing "everything."

EDITED TO ADD: I just noticed that the Seneschal is also going to be Talossa's delegate to MicroCon. This is getting out of hand.
That is correct. I just paid the registration fee. Will be paying for transportation and hotel costs soon. Excited to sport the chain of office at the summit.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Before I continue: I acknowledge that the Seneschal has stepped back from the Scribery, reducing his list of "hats" from six to five, which is at least an improvement.

Supplemental question on this point alone, please, est. Túischac'h:

QuoteThe Government is composed of five ministers and one deputy minister. I am not sure that qualifies as two people doing "everything."

Given the following facts:

1. The Minister of Technology has previously said that he actively wishes not to be called to the Ziu, i.e., not to have to do his constitutional job;

2. The Minister of Defence is being precisely as active as the previous Ministers of Defence against whom the TNC used to howl with contempt for inactivity;

3. The Seneschál is doing STUFF and Foreign Affairs' jobs for them right now;

can the Seneschál comment to the extent that the present Government is abiding by the suggestion contained in El Lexhatx D.1.1.1?

QuoteThe Ziu requests that the Seneschál only appoint Ministers that will actually do something, and not just make petty titles.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Túischac'h, my answer is below:

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 18, 2023, 03:07:35 PMBefore I continue: I acknowledge that the Seneschal has stepped back from the Scribery, reducing his list of "hats" from six to five, which is at least an improvement.

Supplemental question on this point alone, please, est. Túischac'h:

QuoteThe Government is composed of five ministers and one deputy minister. I am not sure that qualifies as two people doing "everything."

Given the following facts:

1. The Minister of Technology has previously said that he actively wishes not to be called to the Ziu, i.e., not to have to do his constitutional job;

2. The Minister of Defence is being precisely as active as the previous Ministers of Defence against whom the TNC used to howl with contempt for inactivity;

3. The Seneschál is doing STUFF and Foreign Affairs' jobs for them right now;

can the Seneschál comment to the extent that the present Government is abiding by the suggestion contained in El Lexhatx D.1.1.1?

QuoteThe Ziu requests that the Seneschál only appoint Ministers that will actually do something, and not just make petty titles.

I do not recognize the three items you assert as facts as actual facts. They are opinions not supported by reality.
I was delegated ministerial responsibilities by Minister Vilacafat due to an acute illness which required his hospitalization. Thankfully, he has recovered and resumed primary ministerial responsibilities. All of this was communicated in an open and transparent manner. Minister Excelsio has made Zouaves appointments and detailed his activities in the Foreign Affairs portfolio as a response to another terpelaziun made by Senator Platschich, I believe. He has legislation concerning establishing embassies in the Hopper currently, as well. Finally, Minister Txechescu may have expressed reticence but has actually answered every single terpelaziun in detail and on time.
I remain extremely proud of each member of this Cabinet as they have kept the promise we made to the Talossan people to be an active and accountable government.

I have no comments on Lexhatx D.1.1.1.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight