Nomination to the UC

Started by Ian Plätschisch, April 22, 2020, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

I hereby nominate Alexandreu Davinescu to the Uppermost Cort.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on April 22, 2020, 02:03:01 PM
I hereby nominate Alexandreu Davinescu to the Uppermost Cort.

Assuming that the Senäts aims to set up the same scrutiny committee that they did for Marcianüs J, I would support this.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

Speaking for myself, I would be up for conducting a similar hearing, assuming Sir Alexandreu accepts the nomination. If there's some sort of public signal that AD is interested in the post, I would then proceed to negotiate with him the parameters of the hearing, just like with V.

If things move quickly enough, we may then be able to get the hearing done and an opinion delivered in time for the final Clark.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Lüc on April 23, 2020, 05:02:49 AM
Speaking for myself, I would be up for conducting a similar hearing, assuming Sir Alexandreu accepts the nomination.

Sir Alexandreu has communicated privately to me that he was happy to be nominated.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I agree to be nominated.

For the hearing, you can do it pretty much however you want.  I'm indifferent.  I can't commit to being able to post more than once a day in reply to questions, though, I think.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Right. I expect to be able to post a possible outline of the proceedings this weekend, which we can then amend as needed.

Senators and other people who may want to take part should pay attention and report to me any personal necessities and/or any criticism of the January hearing, so that it can be taken into account as early into the process as possible.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Lüc

Sorry for being late with this. Things are not looking good.

If any other Senator would like to conduct the hearing, please contact me; otherwise, we might have to push this back a bit.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Açafat del Val

I am willing (and perhaps will be able) to undertake the leadership of another hearing. However, I would need the contact information of all involved parties.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

I can be reached via PM here on Witt.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Açafat del Val

The hearing is live! If you are a Senator, please speak to me via the hearing thread on Witt (i.e., NOT private messages). Alex, if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to me. On behalf of the Senate, we appreciate your willingness to undergo this hearing and appreciate your time.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Sure.  I have a brief opening statement.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Quote from: Açafat del Val on May 15, 2020, 08:02:25 PM
The hearing is live! If you are a Senator, please speak to me via the hearing thread on Witt (i.e., NOT private messages). Alex, if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to me. On behalf of the Senate, we appreciate your willingness to undergo this hearing and appreciate your time.

Will non-Senators have the opportunity to pose questions as well?  Using a similar system as last time?
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

ESB, the rules say that you can.  Any senator may grant you a portion of their time.  Maybe message your senator asking for the opportunity -- I don't think anyone was turned away the first time they did this.

Senator dal Val, I put up my opening statement.  Please send me a PM if/when I get any questions, if you have a chance.  Don't want to miss any or cause anyone to lose their time, but I don't check Witt every day anymore (since these days, there's only a post or two a day).

Just checking in -- I see that BenArd has posted a very kind statement.  Is there a schedule posted somewhere?

Açafat del Val

I will take blame for not responding publicly. Truth be told, I had hoped that someone might have read the rules and asked formally for some speech time.

The short answers to both questions posed of me:

1. Non-Senators may speak, but the system is not quite the same; specifically, you do not need to "borrow" time from a Senator. The Special Committee will recognize any citizen, provided that a request for speaking time be made in advance. On that note, would you like to reserve some time, Eiric? If so, let me know and it shall be made.

2. There is no schedule at this time because, to date,  no one has requested any time to speak. Anyone who wishes to speak must simply request it.

Rule 9 of the Special Committee: "Any Member of the Committee or non-Member who may wish to speak during the hearing shall make a request for it at least two (2) days in advance to the Chairman or Deputy Chairman, who shall approve, modify, or deny the request publicly."

(And technically the only two times when someone has spoken so far in/to the Special Committee were direct contraventions of the rules, but c'est la vie.)
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia