Delegation of Website Administration: Talossan.com

Started by Danihel Txechescu, April 18, 2023, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danihel Txechescu

MINISTRÀ DAL TEC'HNOLOXHÀ

Talossan.com, the website containing a trove of information regarding our National Language, has been in service for a long time, proving an invaluable resource to scholars from all around the globe.

This library, assembled for no personal gain and out of their own research and appreciation for the language, has been generously provided by a fellow citizen of the realm, Ieremiac'h Ventrutx.

The Talossan.com website has been growing and growing for a long time now, nourished by the esteemed S:reu Ventrutx, and had been in that state before my occupying this Ministrà.

Because that situation is out of order, I hereby delegate the administration of the website and server of Talossan.com to Ieremiac'h Ventrutx, entrusting them to continue making good use of the website, with the proviso that this mission will be recalled by the Ministreu at any future time, and that all other intangible assets managed by the Ministrà dal Tec'hnoloxhà, including the Talossan.com domain, remain under our control.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on April 18, 2023, 04:57:15 PM
MINISTRÀ DAL TEC'HNOLOXHÀ

Talossan.com, the website containing a trove of information regarding our National Language, has been in service for a long time, proving an invaluable resource to scholars from all around the globe.

This library, assembled for no personal gain and out of their own research and appreciation for the language, has been generously provided by a fellow citizen of the realm, Ieremiac'h Ventrutx.

The Talossan.com website has been growing and growing for a long time now, nourished by the esteemed S:reu Ventrutx, and had been in that state before my occupying this Ministrà.

Because that situation is out of order, I hereby delegate the administration of the website and server of Talossan.com to Ieremiac'h Ventrutx, entrusting them to continue making good use of the website, with the proviso that this mission will be recalled by the Ministreu at any future time, and that all other intangible assets managed by the Ministrà dal Tec'hnoloxhà, including the Talossan.com domain, remain under our control.

Under El Lex A.20 it is my pleasure to endorse this delegation. Thank you Minister Txechescu for your continued superb work as the nation's Technology Minister.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Danihel Forestal

Citizen of Atatürk, Talossa since 2-July-2008

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 05, 2023, 11:24:50 AMI'm getting the weird other site, too.

If I click on the link, it goes to an unsecure site that I'm not keen on clicking on. If I type it in, it goes to the correct page. This probably has to do with the SSL certificate.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

On my end, HTTPS talossa com redirects to the weird site, while plain HTTP doesn't.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

GV

As of 2235 Central on 16 May 2023, talossan.com redirects to the proper site, at least for me.

Many people keep our ship of state going - many thanks to all! - GV

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Going to any subpage:

"Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for talossan.com. The certificate is only valid for www.talossan.com.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN"

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I cannot reproduce this error, but we will get it sorted.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Danihel Forestal

Citizen of Atatürk, Talossa since 2-July-2008

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

I'm getting a message saying that the domain expired on the 18th of July?

Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Checking our records, talossan.com expired on July 3.

And talossa.com - our national domain name - expires today.

Has there been a huge blunder at the office of the Talossan Web Registrant and the Burgermeister of Internal Revenue - who are the same person? Plenty of money was provided for in the budget. I believe we got free hosting as a result of the Wittpocalypse but nothing about domain names.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 05:35:15 PMAnd talossa.com - our national domain name - expires today.

Crap.

During the transition, while doing the handover of credentials and accounts, I had advised the incoming Government that I had no access to the DoRoyal hosting portal. As a result of that, I had no means to transfer the access over to the new BoIR and the representatives of the new Government, and I suggested, verbatim,

QuoteFor the hosting portal (mostly for billing and tickets), you should ask Txec, I currently have no access to it, but as of last October I was still getting emails from that thing, as were Higgs and Grischun AFAIK - so the new BoIR will have to check on it and update the correct contacts.

But this was like one week before Wittpocalypse, so I don't blame anyone for not following up with that.

This does mean we might be in a bit of trouble right now, though, and I'm afraid I personally can't help, since I still have no means of accessing the portal to transfer access to the Burgermeister or pay the bill as an emergency measure.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Sir Lüc on July 23, 2023, 06:13:30 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 05:35:15 PMAnd talossa.com - our national domain name - expires today.

Crap.

During the transition, while doing the handover of credentials and accounts, I had advised the incoming Government that I had no access to the DoRoyal hosting portal. As a result of that, I had no means to transfer the access over to the new BoIR and the representatives of the new Government, and I suggested, verbatim,

QuoteFor the hosting portal (mostly for billing and tickets), you should ask Txec, I currently have no access to it, but as of last October I was still getting emails from that thing, as were Higgs and Grischun AFAIK - so the new BoIR will have to check on it and update the correct contacts.

But this was like one week before Wittpocalypse, so I don't blame anyone for not following up with that.

This does mean we might be in a bit of trouble right now, though, and I'm afraid I personally can't help, since I still have no means of accessing the portal to transfer access to the Burgermeister or pay the bill as an emergency measure.

It seems that the current Government thought it was a higher priority to harass the SoS for about the Bi-Annual Census than the impending loss of our national domain names, lol. But still - it's weird that the MinTech was able to open a support ticket with DoRoyal, despite the fact that he's not listed as a contact?

Still, it seems that the sensible, short-term thing would be for the SoS to renew the domain names out of his own wallet, and stick the Government with the bill.