[CRL] The Appeals Act

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, April 23, 2023, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 23, 2023, 11:56:21 AMWHEREAS there's no limit on appeals, so no case is ever really closed unless every appeal is exhausted, and

WHEREAS it's wildly unjust for a resolved case to hang over someone's head indefinitely, and

WHEREAS the corts have not established a rule about this[/i]

THEREFORE a new provision shall be inserted as the fifth subsubsection to the first subsection of the third section of Title G of el Lexhatx, reading
QuoteThere is a 90-day statute of limitations on all appeals.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Baron Alexandreu Davinescu (MC-TNC)
Posted for approval by the CRL.  It has a different name, but the substance is unchanged from a previous iteration that's ripe for the CRL.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

I approve it, of course.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Could you link me to the previous iteration of the bill that you're speaking of?

Edit: nevermind, I found it.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

With no substantive change, it looks like it'll do what you want it to.

Approved, Clark it.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Sir Lüc

I understand that this bill, as posted here, was part of a larger bill that was regularly Hoppered and later broken up.

My vote doesn't make a difference at this point, but in my mind this piece of legislation was never Hoppered and, while it has no issues in form, the CRL shouldn't be able to approve a bill that did not go through regular order in the Hopper.

My objection doesn't apply to the Legal Repair Amendment posted in parallel to this, as it shares the name of the original Hoppered bill.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Well, I don't want to break regular order, and I can see your point.  I will withdraw it from the Clark.

Sir Lüc

Thank you. To be clear, I'm mostly concerned about not setting a precedent that could be abused later; I'm not disputing that this bill's substance was properly debated.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Quote from: Sir Lüc on April 27, 2023, 01:52:30 PMThank you. To be clear, I'm mostly concerned about not setting a precedent that could be abused later; I'm not disputing that this bill's substance was properly debated.
That was how I understood it  :)