News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

CENTRASEIRĂ - Giro d'Italia 2023 (Episode 1)

Started by Sir Lüc, May 01, 2023, 09:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Azul all, despite my best efforts at taking ages to edit this together, @Glüc da Dhi S.H. and I are proud to release the first installment of Centraseiră, a podcast dedicated to the Talossan Cycling Association Tour! (Also, we have slides.)

Feel free to skim through the parts you're most interested in: it's all timestamped, and I have inserted an audio cue when changing slides so you don't miss the on-screen explanations.

In this episode:
- Glüc tries to get Lüc to go do live commentary;
- Lüc accuses Giro of traveling through time to steal his Lido time trial idea;
- Glüc mispronounces Italian place names;
- Lüc is accused of being secretly Flemish;
- Glüc forgets that there was in fact no TCAT team named after a dinosaur;
- Lüc will eat a (probably) disgusting pizza if Glüc wins TCAT Giro.

But mostly:
- we present the rules of TCAT and this year's Giro d'Italia;
- we ramble on about cyclists and our 2022 picks;
- we give out free advice about your own TCAT team.

We both hope you enjoy listening/watching, and maybe consider joining TCAT when signups open this week! (it takes five minutes and you don't need to know anything about cycling!)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Yay!  I can't wait to listen to this!  Would it be okay with you if the MinCult promoted this on our social media?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 01, 2023, 11:26:20 AMYay!  I can't wait to listen to this!  Would it be okay with you if the MinCult promoted this on our social media?

We'd be delighted if you did :)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Now that I'm all signed up I'm getting excited...when are the first results due in? I'm guessing May 6th?
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

The hosts of our game here will be giving us running commentary on how each team does -- it's very exciting!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on May 02, 2023, 05:52:14 AMNow that I'm all signed up I'm getting excited...when are the first results due in? I'm guessing May 6th?

Yep! Expect the first results to come in after Saturday's inaugural time trial.

We'll also find out what riders each of us picked shortly before the stage begins (I think).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Sir Lüc on May 02, 2023, 08:38:52 AM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on May 02, 2023, 05:52:14 AMNow that I'm all signed up I'm getting excited...when are the first results due in? I'm guessing May 6th?

Yep! Expect the first results to come in after Saturday's inaugural time trial.

We'll also find out what riders each of us picked shortly before the stage begins (I think).

I picked a bunch of people I've never heard of before...but then again I haven't followed this stuff since Lance Armstrong LOL
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Guys, by the way, I would be happy to do more logos. They are produced by AI, with some editing afterwards, so it's not a huge deal. If you want me to make one for every event, I am very happy to do so. I'm glad you liked it!

Really fun podcast by the way! You guys are funny.

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 02, 2023, 08:02:46 PMGuys, by the way, I would be happy to do more logos. They are produced by AI, with some editing afterwards, so it's not a huge deal. If you want me to make one for every event, I am very happy to do so. I'm glad you liked it!

What AI do you use Baron? I would love to throw some of these together as well!
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on May 03, 2023, 03:41:22 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 02, 2023, 08:02:46 PMGuys, by the way, I would be happy to do more logos. They are produced by AI, with some editing afterwards, so it's not a huge deal. If you want me to make one for every event, I am very happy to do so. I'm glad you liked it!

What AI do you use Baron? I would love to throw some of these together as well!
I use Dall-e and Midjourney, usually. These are from the latter.