News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

CENTRASEIRĂ - And we're off! Giro 2023 Episode 2

Started by Sir Lüc, May 11, 2023, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

We're off! In the second episode of Centraseiră, @Glüc da Dhi S.H. and I take you through the eleven teams contesting Leg 1 of the Talossan Cycling Association Tour 2023. (And we still have pretty slides. One for each team, in fact!)

Again, make liberal use of the timestamps! (I forgot about the audio cues but they shouldn't be needed this time -- there's much less random slide switching)

In this episode:
- Glüc decides he really likes naming TCAT teams after dinosaurs, after all;
- Lüc tries and fails to get more Dutch language praise out of Glüc;
- Glüc brags about rigging episode 1's credit prediction game;
- Lüc slags his sister's sprinter pick, said pick proceeds to win the next stage;
- Glüc manages to bait Lüc with terrible pizzas even without meaning to;
- Lüc is a big fan of riders he should really be rooting against.

But mostly:
- we present the rules of TCAT and this year's Giro d'Italia;
- we briefly discuss how the first stage went (...which was last Saturday, because I'm really slow at editing);
- we look ahead at the first week's other stages (...which are mostly all done by now, because I'm really slow at editing).

We hope you enjoy!
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Team leaders: if you like the team presentation slides and want to grab yours (or any of them), I've put them in a Drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1n4cmNsUXOuDN0JxZHp3KbTMhuxkT4kQG?usp=share_link
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Audrada Roibeardet

I enjoyed that. You seemed confused about my picks. It's ok, I'm confused about my picks, too. Haha!

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Congratulations for the great job you do on Centraseirā ! Thanks to you I may slowly get to appreciate cycling.. and the last position (now shared !) is the best one to enjoy the view of the race from the inside
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Ian Plätschisch

Great episode! I'd love to come on the show sometime.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on May 11, 2023, 04:59:41 PMCrossover episode!
This might be the first time ever that there are two active Talossan podcasts with multiple episodes

Audrada Roibeardet

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on May 11, 2023, 04:57:47 PMGreat episode! I'd love to come on the show sometime.
Thatd be great! We are likely recording the next episode sunday afternoon (so that would be sunday morning for you). Any chance you happen to be available then?

Of course if that doesnt work we can try to schedule something a bit further in advance.

(We would normally do saturday mid-evening, but Eurovision is obviously more important)
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on May 12, 2023, 03:41:08 AM(We would normally do saturday mid-evening, but Eurovision is obviously more important)

Oviösmint!
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on May 12, 2023, 03:41:08 AM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on May 11, 2023, 04:57:47 PMGreat episode! I'd love to come on the show sometime.
Thatd be great! We are likely recording the next episode sunday afternoon (so that would be sunday morning for you). Any chance you happen to be available then?

Of course if that doesnt work we can try to schedule something a bit further in advance.

(We would normally do saturday mid-evening, but Eurovision is obviously more important)
I won't be available then but I'm sure I can find another episode later

Audrada Roibeardet

By the way, Kinetic Racing has a team logo and colour scheme.

Team Colours: Black, Purple, Electric Blue, White

Feel free to use the logo, if you want.