News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Expiring Domains

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, July 23, 2023, 05:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I received notice a few days ago from DoRoyal that Talossa.com expires TODAY. I hope the government is aware of this.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 23, 2023, 05:30:49 PMI received notice a few days ago from DoRoyal that Talossa.com expires TODAY. I hope the government is aware of this.

Yes, the Technology Minister is on this. Thanks for letting us know publicly you received a notice a few days ago.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

What exactly does "the Technology Minister is on this" mean? I note that MinTech sent a question to DoRoyal servers last week asking how long the "grace period" for renewal of domain names is. But there is plenty of money budgeted for renewing both talossa.com and talossan.com. Why has this bill not been paid yet? Is the Burgermeister having trouble getting funds out?

Further, why exactly is the SoS getting emails/invoices about our web hosting? Those should all be going to the Talossan Web Registrant, which is no longer him. Was this not sorted out with DoRoyal months ago?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 05:52:03 PMWhat exactly does "the Technology Minister is on this" mean? I note that MinTech sent a question to DoRoyal servers last week asking how long the "grace period" for renewal of domain names is. But there is plenty of money budgeted for renewing both talossa.com and talossan.com. Why has this bill not been paid yet? Is the Burgermeister having trouble getting funds out?

Further, why exactly is the SoS getting emails/invoices about our web hosting? Those should all be going to the Talossan Web Registrant, which is no longer him. Was this not sorted out with DoRoyal months ago?

It means what you think it means in common English language comprehension, Miestra.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

This is a rude and dismissive response to citizens who are just now finding out that our national domain names are under threat. I can do this in the form of a formal TERP if you'd like, but we need to know the following:

1) whether MinTech/the Government was aware our domain names were expiring (it seems they did, considering MinTech's support ticket with DoRoyal open ten days ago, but just for the record);

2) what has prevented the Burgermeister of Internal Revenue from simply "paying the bill" for talossa.com and talossan.com, as provided in El Lexh D.2.8.4 and D.2.9.2.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 06:01:13 PMThis is a rude and dismissive response to citizens who are just now finding out that our national domain names are under threat. I can do this in the form of a formal TERP if you'd like, but we need to know the following:

1) whether MinTech/the Government was aware our domain names were expiring (it seems they did, considering MinTech's support ticket with DoRoyal open ten days ago, but just for the record);

2) what has prevented the Burgermeister of Internal Revenue from simply "paying the bill" for talossa.com and talossan.com, as provided in El Lexh D.2.8.4 and D.2.9.2.

Please submit a terpelaziun for the Technology Minister.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 23, 2023, 05:30:49 PMI received notice a few days ago from DoRoyal that Talossa.com expires TODAY. I hope the government is aware of this.

The hosting service they provide was offered for free, forever, since February. I have submitted a support ticket for them to help us clear the billing/invoice.

The domain name itself expires next year, in May 2024.

xpb

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 23, 2023, 06:01:13 PM2) what has prevented the Burgermeister of Internal Revenue from simply "paying the bill" for talossa.com and talossan.com, as provided in El Lexh D.2.8.4 and D.2.9.2.

An invoice was paid to Namesilo on 16 Jun 2023

Type    YRS/QTY    Price    SubTotal
kingdomoftalossa.com
Transfer    1    $9.95    $9.95
talossan.com
Transfer    1    $9.95    $9.95
kingdomoftalossa.net
Transfer    1    $11.79    $11.79
talossa.net
Transfer    1    $11.79    $11.79
kingdomoftalossa.org
Transfer    1    $10.79    $10.79

Tax info    $0.00
Order Total    $54.27

The question at issue I believe is having the previous web registrant recognize the domain transfer -- in part so that the domains will have added contacts for technical and administrative purposes.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

So, the Government decided to change the domain name registrar - and pay for it - before determining whether it was possible to actually transfer the domain names, since the former BIR is incommunicado. Is this accurate?

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 25, 2023, 03:45:16 PMSo, the Government decided to change the domain name registrar - and pay for it - before determining whether it was possible to actually transfer the domain names, since the former BIR is incommunicado. Is this accurate?

Miestra, this leading question looks ripe to be included as yet another supplementary question for your terp. Unless it is actually a statement...

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

xpb

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 25, 2023, 03:45:16 PMSo, the Government decided to change the domain name registrar - and pay for it - before determining whether it was possible to actually transfer the domain names, since the former BIR is incommunicado. Is this accurate?

I believe the discussion in the other thread deals with this, as in lieu of cooperation by an absent administrative contact, there is a process to demonstrate the ownership by the realm of the domains, which is in part is demonstrated by payment of the registration fees.  It would be more efficient to have the previous administrator take action, but the process -- supported by the fee payment -- continues forward.

XPB

Miestră Schivă, UrN

So it seems that talossan.com is still down. The Cosa is now dissolved so it's too late for TERPS, but I think the Government (and MinTech in particular) still owes us an explanation.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 27, 2023, 03:26:37 PMSo it seems that talossan.com is still down. The Cosa is now dissolved so it's too late for TERPS, but I think the Government (and MinTech in particular) still owes us an explanation.

@Danihel Txechescu Minister, Dama Schiva appears to have some questions on the status of Talossan.com.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

When I typed in talossan.com into my browser, it took me directly to a Hong Kong gambling site.  Talossa.com simply gave me a "Server not found."
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Talossa.com is working fine for me right now. talossan.com is the only one which is really in limbo