News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Cunstavals

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, October 03, 2023, 04:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I received a PM from a concerned citizen in Vuode about the Cunstaval issue. I looked at the Wiki and most of them are inactive citizens who vote but don't participate in Talossa regularly.

I contacted the King about the Vuode issue as a favor to the concerned citizen (haven't heard back yet) but I think it's time that we look at replacing the Cunstaval's with active, long-standing, respected citizens. Personally I think the Cunstaval for a province should live in that province, but that's my opinion.

What do we think?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The correct plural is Cunstaváis, but yes. The Cunstavál from Fiova is also AWOL (not that he did anything, anyway).

Or we abolish Cunstaváis because they don't do anything anyway - and there's precedent that the King just replaces them and steps in anyway (remember the Florencia-Fiova merger wrangle).

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Munditenens Tresplet

Is this just a ploy to exile the Royal Governor to Antarctica?
Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR

Quote from: Munditenens Tresplet on October 03, 2023, 04:23:29 PMIs this just a ploy to exile the Royal Governor to Antarctica?

Absolutely not! Who could have told you something so scandalous? :-)
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

mximo

Azul,

Same for Florencia.
I cannot be Governor and Senator.
The constable most name a new governor for the Province.

Mximo Carbonèl
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

I spoke with the King and he is going to be appointing a new Cunstaval for Vuode.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

Yeah, tale as old as time.

My province's Cunstavál is JP Griffin, we'd complain all the time about him being inactive, and nothing came of it.

Eventually we just pretended he didn't exist. (I seem to recall we even amended the constitution to remove any reference to the Cunstavál.)

Short of John reviving Cunstaváis, I think that's the best bet for any similarly inclined provincial legislatures right now.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

mximo

To make an amendment to the constitution we must have a new Nimlet, to have a new Nimlet we must have a new governor, to have a new governor we must ask an appointment from the constable, otherwise the king must intervene and appoint a governor or a new constable. That the law. I am therefore waiting for the appointment of a prime minister by the Cosa to ask for an audience in order to resolve the situation of our dear Florencia.

Mximo Carbonèl
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator