News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Breaking the Tie

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, October 06, 2023, 09:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Whichever is traditional is fine with me.
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Bråneu Excelsio

I can set up a Poker game with the same rules of the Maricopan Poker Tournament if you want.

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on October 11, 2023, 12:53:16 PMI can set up a Poker game with the same rules of the Maricopan Poker Tournament if you want.

Thanks for the help! You're the right person to set this up.

Please create a poker tournament for two Grand Contestants for tomorrow, Thursday, October 12th at 1:00 pm CDT / 7:00 pm BST (that's 6:00 pm UTC).

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Bråneu Excelsio

This are the settings.
500 chips.
5/10 initial blinds.
Every 3 minutes, the blinds increase.
First player to get 1000 chips wins.

To avoid griefers or trolls, I'll send the link to the game via PM 30 minutes before the game begins.

The game will begin at
1:00pm Central Daylight Time, 7:00pm British Summer Time

Once you're there, you may choose a Nickname and play as a guest (you don't have to log in)

And finally, don't forget to click to Request a Seat. I will allow you to seat.
You may chat as well. It asks for permission to use your microphone but that's not needed.

And the absolutely most important thing, the real reason of why we're doing this, have fun!

Bråneu Excelsio

Bråneu Excelsio

Bråneu Excelsio

@Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat has joined the game.
It is programmed to start in 23 minutes.

Bråneu Excelsio

@Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

You're one minute late! I'll can wait 4 more.

After all the players have joined, I'll put the game up for casual vieweres to watch.

Bråneu Excelsio

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 06, 2023, 09:33:38 AMIt falls to the Premieir of Maricopa, @Danihel Txechescu, to break the tie that exists between Carlus Vilacafat and Txotue Davinescu for the position of Senator of Maricopa.

Please advise at your earliest convenience so that the new Senator may be duly seated.

Secretár d'Estat/Secretary of State

Estimat @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă,

As Premieir of Maricopa it is my pleasure to announce the tie for the Senatorial race has now inclined in favor of @Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat, making him the newly elected Senator for our province.

Danihel Txechescu
Premieir of Maricopa

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Thank you. I will update the election results.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

I am seriously considering renouncing entirely! It is completely unnecessary and unfair to blindly demand someone stop in the middle of their workday (where phones are NOT allowed) to play poker! This is the most ridiculous and disrespectful thing I have seen in a very long time here... making me wonder, why even bother trying anymore
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Excuse me, but am I to understand from the above that Txoteu was not given sufficient warning of when the poker round was about to begin, and therefore he "defaulted"?

ETA: I see from Txoteu's application for an injunction that that was the case. I can't condone the Maricopa Government's decision to schedule the poker match without confirmation from Txoteu that he was actually available for the time chosen by the Maricopa Government. I think the Maricopa Government should simply resort to another tiebreaker, one that doesn't need both candidates actively involved, as time is a factor.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM on October 12, 2023, 05:57:37 PMI am seriously considering renouncing entirely! It is completely unnecessary and unfair to blindly demand someone stop in the middle of their workday (where phones are NOT allowed) to play poker! This is the most ridiculous and disrespectful thing I have seen in a very long time here... making me wonder, why even bother trying anymore

I'd ask you to reconsider. This decision has absolutely nothing to do with the work and contributions that we will see from you in the future, which will be very much valued.

While there were choices to be made, time, and opportunities to voice concerns, this decision is final. It was my call as Premieir of Maricopa and I stand by this decision, not only because of what could have been a great poker match (which I *really* wanted to see happen), but because I was expecting full participation from candidates, at least during these past days.

Please do not construe this as bad faith or anything against you -- time was of the essence and only one of two candidates had to be picked up, even if by mere personal preference.