News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Election of a Túischac'h, 59th Cosă

Started by Sir Lüc, October 19, 2023, 09:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Azul, this is not technically my job, but in my capacity the previous incumbent I have been invited by the Secretary of State to open nominations for the post of Túischac'h for the duration of the 59th Cosă.

As a reminder, verbatim from Lexh.H.21:

Quote21.1. At any time between the Election Deadline and the following Dissolution of the Cosa, any Member of the Cosa shall be empowered to publish and open for signatures a petition nominating an eligible person for the office of Túischac'h.
21.2. Once a petition is published, any eligible Member of the Cosa shall be empowered to second the nomination by countersigning the petition in public.
21.3. Members may not second multiple nominations concurrently; if a Member wishes to support a different petition, he/she shall first publicly retract the earlier countersignature.
21.4. Following any number of petitions, presented as above and supporting the same candidate, being signed or counter-signed by members currently representing an absolute majority of seats in the Cosa, the candidate named in the petition(s) shall be declared by the Secretary of State to be the Túischac'h.
21.5. Petitions may not be carried over from one vacancy in the office of Seneschal to Túischac'h. Once a Túischac'h is elected as above, all petitions shall be made moot.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Furthermore, it may be convenient to point out that:

QuoteFollowing any number of petitions [...] being signed or counter-signed by members currently representing an absolute majority of seats in the Cosa

I think we can all agree that, despite the 8-seat vacancy in the FreeDem caucus, this wording means that the threshold for a successful nomination remains at 101 seats or more. I'm thinking this might be a relevant clarification, since we're all getting distracted by the contested Mençei election in the other place, which operates under different rules.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I nominate Sir Lüc da Schir for Túischac'h.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

þerxh Sant-Enogat

TNC will not present any candidate for Túischac'h, in respect of the recent tradition stating that the majority party offers this position to the opposition as an incentive to develop democratic behaviours and cross-party cooperation.
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 24, 2023, 02:50:08 AMI nominate Sir Lüc da Schir for Túischac'h.

I accept the nomination, with the caveat that should for any reason the Talossan National Congress not end up leading the next Government, I would vacate the chair and support the election of a TNC Túischac'h, following the principle outlined by the leader of the TNC in the comment just above.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Miestră Schivă, UrN

But there's an issue, because by law (El Lexhatx H.21) we need an absolute majority of the Cosa. Which means, even if the TNC won't raise a candidate, we would still need at least 1 of their MCs to get Lüc over the line.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Bråneu Excelsio

þerxh Sant-Enogat

þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Munditenens Tresplet

DIEN signs onto the nomination of Sir Lüc da Schir for Túischac'h.
Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Munditenens Tresplet on October 24, 2023, 05:41:53 PMDIEN signs onto the nomination of Sir Lüc da Schir for Túischac'h.

I think this puts Lüc over the top!

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

With 101 votes received at this point, I declare Sir Lüc da Schir as the Túischac'h for the 59th Cosa. Congratulations!

Secretár d'Estat/Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

Thank you, and thanks everyone for your support. I might have been a little too quick to remove that line from my signature...
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time: