News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Nominating a Premier

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, October 27, 2023, 08:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tric'hard Lenxheir

This will be the thread for nominating a Premier for Grand Session XVI. The nomination period shall last 3 days (until 08:30 Talossan Time Monday). I would have liked to go a bit longer but in the interest of expediency I chose a shorter period.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Due to his interest and knowledge of Vuodean politics and the Constitution I nominate Bentxamì Puntmasleu for premier!

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on October 27, 2023, 08:40:16 AMDue to his interest and knowledge of Vuodean politics and the Constitution I nominate Bentxamì Puntmasleu for premier!

I appreciate your support and look forward to working together for the good of Vuode.

I will second this nomination.

I will also accept this nomination.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Given that I am the sole nominee after the nomination window has closed, should it be considered that I have been elected Premier, or should a single-candidate election be held anyway (for the sake of constitutional conformity)? The Constitution says the Grand Session's first order of business is to nominate AND elect the Premier. I suggest that, as I am the sole nominee and for the sake of expediency (the next order of business is to nominate and elect the Presiding Officer), that this election only last until 12:00 (noon) TST, October 31. That is about 17 hours and 10 minutes from now. At that time, I suggest I take office and the process of nominating and electing the Presiding Officer begin.

After the Presiding Officer takes office, I suggest we try to fix some ambiguities in our procedures. We wouldn't necessarily have to amend the Constitution for this. I would argue that, by legislative act, the Estats Xhenerais could simply explicitly reserve the right to determine its own procedures where the Constitution does not specify. Further, the Estat Xhenerais could delegate procedure-determining authority to the Presiding Officer in cases where neither the Constitution nor provincial statute specify. It seems as if that has been the custom anyway and, in my opinion, it would be good to have it in written form.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Bentxami Puntmasleu on October 30, 2023, 06:58:34 PMGiven that I am the sole nominee after the nomination window has closed, should it be considered that I have been elected Premier, or should a single-candidate election be held anyway (for the sake of constitutional conformity)? The Constitution says the Grand Session's first order of business is to nominate AND elect the Premier. I suggest that, as I am the sole nominee and for the sake of expediency (the next order of business is to nominate and elect the Presiding Officer), that this election only last until 12:00 (noon) TST, October 31. That is about 17 hours and 10 minutes from now. At that time, I suggest I take office and the process of nominating and electing the Presiding Officer begin.

After the Presiding Officer takes office, I suggest we try to fix some ambiguities in our procedures. We wouldn't necessarily have to amend the Constitution for this. I would argue that, by legislative act, the Estats Xhenerais could simply explicitly reserve the right to determine its own procedures where the Constitution does not specify. Further, the Estat Xhenerais could delegate procedure-determining authority to the Presiding Officer in cases where neither the Constitution nor provincial statute specify. It seems as if that has been the custom anyway and, in my opinion, it would be good to have it in written form.

I support considering you as the elected Premier and having @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB swear you in. I also agree that there are many ambiguities in our Constitution and laws and would support someone much smarter than me trying to clean up the process.

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on October 30, 2023, 07:07:07 PM
Quote from: Bentxami Puntmasleu on October 30, 2023, 06:58:34 PMGiven that I am the sole nominee after the nomination window has closed, should it be considered that I have been elected Premier, or should a single-candidate election be held anyway (for the sake of constitutional conformity)? The Constitution says the Grand Session's first order of business is to nominate AND elect the Premier. I suggest that, as I am the sole nominee and for the sake of expediency (the next order of business is to nominate and elect the Presiding Officer), that this election only last until 12:00 (noon) TST, October 31. That is about 17 hours and 10 minutes from now. At that time, I suggest I take office and the process of nominating and electing the Presiding Officer begin.

I support considering you as the elected Premier and having @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB swear you in. I also agree that there are many ambiguities in our Constitution and laws and would support someone much smarter than me trying to clean up the process.

I will concur in that case. By the way, I intend to nominate you for Presiding Officer, unless you object.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Bentxami Puntmasleu on October 30, 2023, 07:15:45 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on October 30, 2023, 07:07:07 PM

I will concur in that case. By the way, I intend to nominate you for Presiding Officer, unless you object.

That is fine, if elected I will have to go and look at what my duties will be. I looked once a couple of years ago but forgot since then LOL

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

It falls to me as Cunstaval of Vuode to swear in the Premier. As it appears that Bentxami Puntmasleu has been elected as the Premier of Vuode, it is my pleasure to invite S:reu Puntmasleu to take this wholly made-up oath to begin his term of office:

I _____ (name) do swear to uphold the Constitution and Laws of United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg, and to faithfully execute its laws and edicts.

Are you ready to take the Oath S:reu Puntmasleu?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

I Bentxamì Puntmasleu do swear to uphold the Constitution and Laws of United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg, and to faithfully execute its laws and edicts.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Bentxami Puntmasleu on November 06, 2023, 04:14:24 PMI Bentxamì Puntmasleu do swear to uphold the Constitution and Laws of United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg, and to faithfully execute its laws and edicts.

Congratulations to the new Premier of Vuode!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal