Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[Media Call] Local CBS TV Affiliate in Milwaukee

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, October 30, 2023, 01:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Azul folks, the Seneschal's email has received the following enquiry:

QuoteTo Whom It May Concern,

I hope this email finds you well. I am a reporter at CBS 58 News in the Milwaukee area and hoping to potentially do an interview, ideally in person in the area, with someone from the Kingdom of Talossa's government. We would absolutely love to feature this micronation in our Sunday Morning show, which tells long-form feature, community pieces on exceptional/inspirational people/organizations/movements etc. in our community. Would love to know more about the kingdom and where it stands today since its creation in 1979 if someone still lives in the area.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best,

Daniela Cado
Bilingual News Reporter
CBS 58 I Telemundo Wisconsin
Phone: 414-788-0223
Facebook: @danielacadotv
Instagram/Twitter: @dani_prica

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Bråneu Excelsio

I didn't know there was a Telemundo Wisconsin, I thought it was something from the southern border.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on October 30, 2023, 03:54:33 PMI didn't know there was a Telemundo Wisconsin, I thought it was something from the southern border.

Nope, Telemundo is a national Spanish-language TV network on par with English national networks in the US like NBC, ABC, and CBS. Telemundo even sponsored presidential debates in the last cycle. Mario Diaz Balart is a bilingual Telemundo anchor who also anchors for NBC.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Bråneu Excelsio

The first person that comes to mind is @Bentxami Puntmasleu.
Even if he's not a part of the government, I think he can do a pretty good job, we need to attract more cestours!

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

I would absolutely be open (and feel honored) to doing this, if that is what is decided upon. I am rather socially anxious but I could get over that. I would need some preparation if I am to represent Talossa in this capacity. Do you happen to know what date (or range of dates) this would take place?
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Bentxami Puntmasleu on October 30, 2023, 08:01:30 PMI would absolutely be open (and feel honored) to doing this, if that is what is decided upon. I am rather socially anxious but I could get over that. I would need some preparation if I am to represent Talossa in this capacity. Do you happen to know what date (or range of dates) this would take place?

Hi Bentxami, thank you for your willingness to speak out on the Kingdom. I have sent Daniela a quick note asking your question. If you would like for me to send her your contact information just let me know via PM.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Bentxamì Puntmasleu Did anything happen with Milwaukee CBS affiliate? Last contact I had was sharing your information with Daniela.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on November 29, 2023, 06:09:01 PM@Bentxamì Puntmasleu Did anything happen with Milwaukee CBS affiliate? Last contact I had was sharing your information with Daniela.

I think it went pretty well. I stammered a few times and almost certainly mispronounced a few Talossan (and one Breton (?): Cézembre) words. Also, I misspoke at least once, referring to the Cosa as the bicameral national legislature, rather than the lower house. That aside, everything went well enough and I'm hopeful it will get some people interested.

I'm not sure when exactly the piece will air. I was told It wouldn't be the Sunday right after the interview (the 26th) but maybe this Sunday. I will keep an eye out and, assuming there will be an online video, post it here.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Bentxamì Puntmasleu on November 30, 2023, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on November 29, 2023, 06:09:01 PM@Bentxamì Puntmasleu Did anything happen with Milwaukee CBS affiliate? Last contact I had was sharing your information with Daniela.

I think it went pretty well. I stammered a few times and almost certainly mispronounced a few Talossan (and one Breton (?): Cézembre) words. Also, I misspoke at least once, referring to the Cosa as the bicameral national legislature, rather than the lower house. That aside, everything went well enough and I'm hopeful it will get some people interested.

I'm not sure when exactly the piece will air. I was told It wouldn't be the Sunday right after the interview (the 26th) but maybe this Sunday. I will keep an eye out and, assuming there will be an online video, post it here.

This is awesome, Bentxami, and thank you for doing it! If there is online video it would be great to blast it on all our social media. And I can also share on Fora Talossa if that's ok.

We may be headed for a Puntmasleu immigration surge.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

https://www.cbs58.com/news/kingdom-of-talossa-its-narrative-history-and-why-it-has-a-worldwide-following

It was just published yesterday.
@Bentxamì Puntmasleu very well done, you made the Kingdom proud!
@þerxh Sant-Enogat it looks like this is ripe for a social media blast.
Hopefully this will lead to a rise in cestour awareness and immigration.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on December 18, 2023, 08:45:14 PMhttps://www.cbs58.com/news/kingdom-of-talossa-its-narrative-history-and-why-it-has-a-worldwide-following

It was just published yesterday.
@Bentxamì Puntmasleu very well done, you made the Kingdom proud!
@þerxh Sant-Enogat it looks like this is ripe for a social media blast.
Hopefully this will lead to a rise in cestour awareness and immigration.

@Bentxamì Puntmasleu Brilliant ! Congrats for the making of this very interesting communication, and for your skills as a spokesperson for the Kingdom.
Now published on Instagram, LinkedIn, X/Twitter, Facebook and Reddit. As usual, like and share in your networks to increase visibility !
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

I'm glad it seems to be getting good reception here. I was a little worried how everyone here would take my remarks. Not that I misrepresented Talossa too badly with them, though I probably would refine my answers to some questions I was asked. In any case, its purpose is to get the word out about Talossa and I think it did that. Several acquaintances, some of whom I haven't spoken to in years, told me they saw it. My semester is almost over (I actually graduated Sunday but I still have some coursework to finish up in the next couple days) and I will be able to get back into things soon.

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Bentxamì Puntmasleu on December 19, 2023, 11:10:45 PM.My semester is almost over (I actually graduated Sunday but I still have some coursework to finish up in the next couple days) and I will be able to get back into things soon.
And congrats also for your graduation !
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on December 20, 2023, 02:36:49 PM
Quote from: Bentxamì Puntmasleu on December 19, 2023, 11:10:45 PM.My semester is almost over (I actually graduated Sunday but I still have some coursework to finish up in the next couple days) and I will be able to get back into things soon.
And congrats also for your graduation !

Thanks you! I'm applying to start a master's program in freshwater science in the fall so I've still got about two and a half years of school left, but it's exciting to finally be done with my bachelor's.