Nominating a Presiding Officer, October-November 2023/XLIV

Started by Bentxamì Puntmasleu, October 30, 2023, 07:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Fellow Councillors of Grand Session XVI of the Estates Xhenerais, @Tric'hard Lenxheir and @Ian Feliceu, given that our first order of business, nominating and electing a Premier, is concluded, it is time to nominate and elect a Presiding Officer. I suggest this nomination period close in about three days (at 7:00pm TST on 2 November 2023) as was the case with the most recent nomination of a Premier, unless there are objections.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

I nominate Tric'hard Lenxheir. He is active and experienced in Vuodean affairs. I am confident he will work successfully for the good of Vuode.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Bentxami Puntmasleu on October 30, 2023, 07:25:09 PMI nominate Tric'hard Lenxheir. He is active and experienced in Vuodean affairs. I am confident he will work successfully for the good of Vuode.

I accept the nomination
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Ian Feliceu

I support that nomination, tbh I've been around for barely 2 mo. or so (since August 12, 2023) so I believe someone with more time and experience is better for the job undoubtedly

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Given that there are no other nominations, I would argue that Tric'hard Lenxheir is now the Presiding Officer of Grand Session XVI of the Estats Xhenerais, based on the precedent that I took office as Premier  as I was the sole nominee after the nomination period had closed. Congratulations!

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

On that note, I would like to propose a bill. I figure that the nature of our legislative procedure is up to you, Tric'hard. Should I propose the bill as it's own thread, will there be a thread for all Grand Session XVI matters, or will we do something else?

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I guess the best way to proceed would be for me to create a thread calling for bills (similar to how the Ziu works). We don't really have the ability or the people to do a hopper thread for the purpose of debating or creating a waiting period like the Ziu so it would just be a thread for posting the bill and debating and then we can vote. Does this sound good to you?
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on November 03, 2023, 09:16:32 AMI guess the best way to proceed would be for me to create a thread calling for bills (similar to how the Ziu works). We don't really have the ability or the people to do a hopper thread for the purpose of debating or creating a waiting period like the Ziu so it would just be a thread for posting the bill and debating and then we can vote. Does this sound good to you?

I think that sounds like a good way to go about it.