News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

59th Cosă Agreement

Started by Bråneu Excelsio, October 31, 2023, 12:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bråneu Excelsio

The Talossan National Congress and the Free Democrats of Talossa pledge their best efforts during the upcoming 59th Cosă to bring down partisan tensions and promote national unity. The Seneschal and the Leader of the Opposition will regularly communicate during the Cosă term to make sure this happens.

The TNC and FreeDems will set up a Standing Committee on Talossa's Constitution, with two members from each party, to discuss amendments to Talossa's constitution which have broad support. No legislation to amend the Organic Law, or to amend the functioning of the Chancery, will be proposed by either party without the prior unanimous approval of this Committee.

As a sign of good faith, the Free Democrats will enable the Talossan National Congress to form a government, in this way:

the Free Democrats will assign 1 Cosă seat to Bråneu Excelsio. This will give the Talossan National Congress the 101 seats necessary for the King to appoint s:reu Excelsio as Seneschal without requiring a Cosă vote.
        immediately after his appointment as Seneschal, s:reu Excelsio will relinquish this seat and it will return to the Free Democrats.

This agreement will last until the dissolution of the 59th Cosă.

Signed,
Bråneu Excelsio, candidate for Seneschal.
Miestră Schivă, UrN, leader of the Free Democrats of Talossa.
Þerxh-Sant Enogat, leader of the Talossan National Congress.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Boo

Edit: I think Braneu will make a great seneschal.  Just dont think the bipartisan decision to muzzle parliamentary democracy is a good idea.

We already have a perfectly good committee to discuss orglaw reforms: it's called the Ziu. (And as it happens no orglaw amendment will pass it without the approval of members of either party anyway.)
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

mximo

Congratulations to the new Prime Minister of Talossa, our dear leader, for the successful signing of an agreement between the political parties for the duration of the 59th Cosa legislature. The agreement may not be perfect, but it will allow the TNC to have both hands on the steering wheel, to borrow a famous expression in Quebec.

This achievement reflects a commendable spirit of cooperation and a commitment to the democratic process. The party is thus setting a positive tone for the governance of Talossa in the upcoming term. It is through such collaboration that nations thrive, and we look forward to witnessing the progress and prosperity that can result from this unified approach under the leadership of our valiant Prime Minister.

I cannot fail to mention the excellent tenure of the outgoing Prime Minister, and I wish him all the best in his new adventures.

May this milestone mark the beginning of a period of stability, growth, and prosperity for Talossa and its citizens. Your leadership, Mr. Future Prime Minister, and your commitment to working together for the common good are truly commendable qualities.

Once again, congratulations on this significant negotiation, and may your leadership bring positive changes for the people of Talossa.

Mximo Carbonèl
Senator from Florencia
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

The Chancery awaits the final steps in the appointment of a new Seneschal. As a reminder, all parts must be completed prior to midnight TST today, 10/31/23.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 31, 2023, 01:45:34 PMThe Chancery awaits the final steps in the appointment of a new Seneschal. As a reminder, all parts must be completed prior to midnight TST today, 10/31/23.
Petition sent !
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on October 31, 2023, 04:28:18 PM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 31, 2023, 01:45:34 PMThe Chancery awaits the final steps in the appointment of a new Seneschal. As a reminder, all parts must be completed prior to midnight TST today, 10/31/23.
Petition sent !

At this point it is basically just a formality, but it would be a best case scenario if the King appointed S:reu Excelsio prior to midnight. As the petition has been sent, I will NOT hold the Seneschal election tomorrow. I was all ready to go however, just in case! I'm glad I don't have to do it now.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal