Nimlet Session XXI (Nov 2023-Present)

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, November 06, 2023, 01:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

CURRENT SEAT ASSIGNMENTS

1 seat - Breneir Tzaracomprada (Governor)
7 seats - Mximo Carbonel (Senats + TNC)
1 seat - Acafat del Val (FreeDems)

The Chancery has indicated the certification of the provincial election results.

Pursuant to Section 4(a) of the Florencian Constitution: "No later than ten days following the conclusion of each provincial election, the Governor of Florencia shall have determined and announced the total number of seats for the incoming Nimlet, which number shall be equal to the number of ballots returned in the election, less those returned indicating "Present", and augmented by one additional seat for each incumbent Senator for Florencia, and one additional seat for the Governor;" The total number of non-Present provincial ballots returned was 7.

Pursuant to Section 4(b) There is also one seat for the incumbent Senator and incumbent Governor.

I hereby appoint myself to the Governor seat and recognize that Mximo Carbonel as incumbent Senator is entitled to that seat as well.

The total number of seats in the Nimlet is therefore set at 9.

This leaves 7 seat unassigned by the party leaders.

Based on votes received:

Free Democrats (FreeDems) are entitled to 1 seat.
Talossan National Congress (TNC) is entitled to 6 seats.

Party leader @Miestră Schivă, UrN please advise on your specific appointee.
Party leader @þerxh Sant-Enogat please advise on your specific appointee.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

þerxh Sant-Enogat

þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Thanks to the party leaders for their prompt action. Now that all seats have been assigned we can officially convene the XXI (21st) session of the Nimlet of Florencia.

Our first order of business is a vote of confidence in the recently appointed Governor, Breneir Tzaracomprada.
This vote will run for a week from today ending on November 14th at 10:48 TST. Or until all votes have been received and a motion to close voting has been approved.

Voting is now open.

Current vote tally (as of 2228 TST, Nov 7 2023)

Breneir Tzaracomprada- Per (1 vote)
Mximo Carbonel - Per (7 votes)
Acafat del Val - No vote yet

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on November 07, 2023, 10:48:52 AMThanks to the party leaders for their prompt action. Now that all seats have been assigned we can officially convene the XXI (21st) session of the Nimlet of Florencia.

Our first order of business is a vote of confidence in the recently appointed Governor, Breneir Tzaracomprada.
This vote will run for a week from today ending on November 14th at 10:48 TST. Or until all votes have been received and a motion to close voting has been approved.

Voting is now open.

@mximo @Açafat del Val
I am tagging not as a nudge but just to be sure you both are made aware of the voting period.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

I vote PER for the VOC.

Mximo Carbonèl
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on November 07, 2023, 10:48:52 AMThanks to the party leaders for their prompt action. Now that all seats have been assigned we can officially convene the XXI (21st) session of the Nimlet of Florencia.

Voting is now open.

Current vote tally (as of 2228 TST, Nov 7 2023)

Acafat del Val - No vote yet

Voting has closed. And the vote of confidence passes with the following votes:

Acafat del Val - No vote

The official tally was 8 votes Per, O votes Non.

I thank the House of Shepherds for its confidence.

@mximo I believe you have a bill for consideration by the House of Shepherds?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Also, @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Mr. Secretary,

If you would please add me as a moderator to the Florencia board now that the vote of confidence has successfully concluded.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Done. Should @mximo also be a moderator? He already was when I added you.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on November 14, 2023, 06:17:17 PMDone. Should @mximo also be a moderator? He already was when I added you.

If Mximo is OK with it, then I am fine with him being a co-moderator.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I rise to submit the following legislation for consideration by the House of Shepherds:

Resolution 2023-01

Whereas, Florencia has a proud tradition of supporting the institution of the Talossan monarchy, and

Whereas, the question of monarchy reform has been a perennial subject of election campaigning, and

Whereas, one potential reform is to restore a method of royal succession.

Therefore, be it resolved that the House of Shepherds of Florencia, endorses the following proposed method and encourages the Ziu to act without delay:

• We support a new method of royal succession wherein the Monarch is asked to ensure there are always no less than five appointees to the Sabor (Privy Council). Upon a vacancy on the throne without a Designated Successor, the Ziu selects a new Monarch from the membership of the Sabor. Selection by the Ziu is successful with a two-thirds majority in both the Cosa and the Senats. Approval, by simple majority, is then required by nationwide referendum. A sitting Monarch may choose a Designated Successor from amongst the Sabor who will also need approval under the same process. The Designated Successor may be removed by the same process as the Monarch.
  • Should this process be instituted we recommend that King John propose Sir Txec dal Nordselva as his Designated Successor to the Ziu and for approval by nationwide referendum.
  • Connected to this, we support King John giving the nation a timeline for a transition for his Designated Successor. Or the instituting of a mandatory retirement age of 75 years for the Monarch of Talossa.

Submitted by Breneir Tzaracomprada
Governor of Florencia
Royalist People's Party

Resolution 2023-01 is open for discussion in the House of Shepherds for one week. Discussion period ends on November 23 at 16:52 TST.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

mximo

Hello I cannot support this motion. It is unconstitutional. It is not the role of a province to determine the order of succession of the monarchy. Still less to tell the King what to do or to suggest to the King an appointment.

I vote contra on motion 2023-01

I move the following motion:

2023-02

Whereas, Florencia has a proud tradition of supporting the institution of the Talossan monarchy, and Whereas, the question of monarchy reform has been a perennial subject of election campaigning.
Therefore, be it resolved that the House of Shepherds of Florencia encourages the Ziu to act without delay on the matter.

I vote Per on motion 2023-02

Mximo Carbonèl
Senator from Florencia

Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: mximo on November 19, 2023, 10:26:38 PMHello I cannot support this motion. It is unconstitutional. It is not the role of a province to determine the order of succession of the monarchy. Still less to tell the King what to do or to suggest to the King an appointment.

I vote contra on motion 2023-01

I move the following motion:

2023-02

Whereas, Florencia has a proud tradition of supporting the institution of the Talossan monarchy, and Whereas, the question of monarchy reform has been a perennial subject of election campaigning.
Therefore, be it resolved that the House of Shepherds of Florencia encourages the Ziu to act without delay on the matter.

I vote Per on motion 2023-02

Mximo Carbonèl
Senator from Florencia

We are not yet voting on the motion as the discussion period has not elapsed, so your vote is not recognized. Sorry.

Please propose your new resolution in a separate post. It will also need to go through a period of discussion before voting.

Thanks Mximo.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

In response during this discussion period, there are no Organic prohibitions on provinces making policy recommendations at the national level so it is incorrect to state this proposal is inOrganic. Further, this is a recommendation not an order so even if there were a prohibition it would not be in violation of it.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight