Judicial attendance

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, December 25, 2023, 01:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I direct my fellow MZ's attention to El Lexhatx G.11.1:

QuoteUppermost Cort Judges may be compelled to retire through organic removal from office through an act of the Ziu in accordance with Article VIII of the Organic Law. In accordance with the appropriate section, the inactivity of a Justice is defined as the failure of that Justice to act, rule, or appear in an open case the Justice is assigned to or participating in for more than 60 days, as certified by the Ziu in a majority vote.

Given the currently lack of anything in the matter of Hammond vs Cezembre before the CpI, it seems to me that Justice Owen Edwards will fall afoul of this section on January 10 2024, if he doesn't do something in the case before then. Does anyone have a contrary view?

I would also draw attention of the Ziu to Organic Law VIII.4, which reads in part:

QuoteEvery Judge of the Cort pü Inalt shall be subject to a re-appointment in intervals of five years, measured from when their initial appointment. These intervals may be increased two to no more than 10 years provided that any legislation retroactively applies to all sitting members of the Cort pü Inalt and is supported by two-thirds of the Cosa and a majority of the Senate in two consecutive Cosas.

Unless otherwise set by law, re-appointment shall be deemed automatic if no member of the Ziu has requested a re-appointment vote in the Cosa immediately preceding the expiration of the Judge's term; and re-appointment shall only require a simple majority of each house in the Ziu. The Ziu may modify the foregoing provided the requirements of re-appointment never exceed that for appointment.

Chief Judge Cjantschéir was appointed in 2014, and Judge Edwards in 2015. I merely point this out for information, as no-one has requested a reappointment vote... so far.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

owenedwards

Litz dropped me a line. Apologies for absence. Ruling forthcoming this week.
Puisne Justice