News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Please come back home.

Started by mximo, January 06, 2024, 11:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mximo

Talossans, but most important friends.

Today, I stand before you to speak about Talossa, a nation often defined by its vibrant political life. But let's not forget, Talossa is more than just politics. Politics can, at times, divide us, drawing lines between friends, and creating rifts within our community. But we must remember, there is a profound difference between stepping away from politics for a time and renouncing one's citizenship.

Leaving the political arena does not mean abandoning our shared culture, history, and the bonds that make us Talossan. It is about seeking respite from the often turbulent waters of political discourse, perhaps to find peace or to reflect on our collective journey. Our citizenship, however, is a testament to our commitment to this projet of nation building. It's a bond that transcends the realm of political debates and disagreements.

Our citizenship is about embracing the rich tapestry of our culture, the shared laughter, the festivals, the musical count down, the only place where poker can make one a Senator and the deep conversations that define our community. It's about remembering that despite our political differences, we are united by something far greater - our love for Talossa. So let us cherish our citizenship, let us embrace our diversity, and let's work together to ensure that Talossa remains a beacon of culture, friendship, and unity, far beyond the confines of political discourse.

More than 20 years separate us from the Halloween Crisis. It was a challenging time for many, myself included. I was sidelined, and in the aftermath, I took a long hiatus from the active political life. However, let me be clear, my love for Talossa never waned.

During those times of reflection and absence, my dreams were still painted in the colors of our flag, resonating with the voices of our citizens. It was this enduring love that drew me back when the great nation called for a reunion years ago. As I re-engaged with the active life of Talossa, it was evident that my journey with this land was far from over.

For over 25 years, through highs and lows, my dreams have been interwoven with the destiny of Talossa. This is a testament not just to my own resilience but to the enduring spirit of all Talossans. Our love for this land doesn't falter with political storms or personal setbacks. It's a continuous flame, burning bright, guiding us back home, time and time again.

Please come back home.

Mximo Carbonèl
Senator from Florencia
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator