[PASSED] The Abuse of Trust Act

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, January 13, 2024, 09:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

BE IT ENACTED by the King, Senäts and Cosă in Ziu assembled that the following section shall be added to El Lexhatx A.7.3.1:

Quote7.3.1.1. "Sexual violence" shall include abuse of trust, where a Talossan citizen over the age of 18 initiates sexual conduct (physically or by means of words or images) with any person under the age of 18; and the citizen over 18 is in a position of supervision, authority or tutelage over said person under 18.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

owenedwards

I don't know off the top of my head what the Wisconsin Criminal Code - as our great antecedent - says on this (or rather matters like this), but that may be worth a look. This does presume something as to the nature of a position of trust, rendering adults in Talossa analogous to teachers - which I assume if your intent.
Puisne Justice

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: owenedwards on January 17, 2024, 08:59:37 PMI don't know off the top of my head what the Wisconsin Criminal Code - as our great antecedent - says on this (or rather matters like this), but that may be worth a look. This does presume something as to the nature of a position of trust, rendering adults in Talossa analogous to teachers - which I assume if your intent.

Well, not all adults. I am thinking in particular about government officials (down to TalossAssistants) who might have some influence over a teenager's Talossan future and be in a position to misuse that influence.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 13, 2024, 09:25:29 PMBE IT ENACTED by the King, Senäts and Cosă in Ziu assembled that the following section shall be added to El Lexhatx A.7.3.1:

Quote7.3.1.1. "Sexual violence" shall include abuse of trust, where a Talossan citizen over the age of 18 initiates sexual conduct (physically or by means of words or images) with a Talossan citizen under the age of 18; and the citizen over 18 is in a position of supervision, authority or tutelage over the citizen under 18.
I would suggest that we open up the definition of 7.3.1 and of the person(s) U18, to not be exclusively Talossan Citizens (or Talossans U18 - as Talossan Citizen, arguably has a more limited & defined definition and excludes, for example perspectives). I am of the viewpoint that when it comes to protecting minors, we shouldn't allow for any 'loophole' to exist in our laws. 
Additionally, the most recent cases have been committed by Talossans against non-Talossans. 

My suggested amendment would be:   

Quote7.3.1. Whoever commits physical or sexual violence or threats thereof against any person or "judicial person" under Talossan law is guilty of a felony.
7.3.1.1. "Sexual violence" shall include abuse of trust, where a Talossan citizen over the age of 18 initiates sexual conduct (physically or by means of words or images) with any person under the age of 18; and the citizen over 18 is in a position of supervision, authority or tutelage over said person under 18.
Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Okay, I'm fine with this if there are no further comments

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Sir Lüc

Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch