The "We Need More Privies In Our Council" Act

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, January 18, 2024, 07:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on January 09, 2024, 11:24:07 AMEnlarging the Sabor with some ex-officio offices might be a good idea also, though I do believe that permanent membership should continue to be merit based.

Right. Check this out

BE IT ENACTED that El Lexhatx L.7, which currently reads:

Quote7. Among the first acts of his reign the King shall name a Privy Council (Sabôr, in Talossan) consisting of several Privy Councillors (called Guaïrs in Talossan) with whom he shall consult whenever possible on all matters of grave importance to the Kingdom, and whose duty shall be to offer the King the benefit of their individual and collective wisdom and advice. The King shall take care to include in this council those citizens with the longest and deepest connections to the ongoing historical life of the Kingdom, in particular those who are personally familiar with the homeland itself. Should at any time they deem it wise or necessary to do so, Privy Councillors, acting alone or in concert with fellow councillors, may publicly issue a "Letter to the King" about any matter of grave importance to the Kingdom. The Privy Councillors shall serve at the pleasure of the King. Privy Councillors shall be entitled to add the honorific initials "GST" to their signatures, for "Guaïr del Sabôr Talossán."

shall be amended with the addition of the following paragraph:

QuoteThe Seneschál and the Senior Justice of the Cort pü Inalt shall be Guaïrs ex officio.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

You will note that the current Senior Justice suggested a much longer list of ex-officio members, but considering there are only 2 merit-based members currently, I think that this suffices in the short term.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I like the longer list suggested by the Dama but can see some merit with being conservative on the numbers.
I do think we should also encourage the King to make just a few more more merit-based appointments.

Can I co-sponsor this once the new MC list is announced?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on January 18, 2024, 07:29:55 PMI like the longer list suggested by the Dama but can see some merit with being conservative on the numbers.
I do think we should also encourage the King to make just a few more more merit-based appointments.

Can I co-sponsor this once the new MC list is announced?

@Miestră Schivă, UrN I would love to co-sponsor this. Would be a good demonstration of bipartisanship too.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Thanks for your interest, I'm waiting to see whether anyone else has any suggested amendments.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 19, 2024, 01:43:26 PMThanks for your interest, I'm waiting to see whether anyone else has any suggested amendments.

Once the wait is over I look forward to the potential of co-sponsoring, Miestra.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 19, 2024, 01:43:26 PMThanks for your interest, I'm waiting to see whether anyone else has any suggested amendments.

After nearly ten days I wanted to check if there is any news on amendments, @Miestră Schivă, UrN ?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on January 28, 2024, 04:04:57 PM

After nearly ten days I wanted to check if there is any news on amendments, @Miestră Schivă, UrN ?

Appears not. Happy to add you as co-sponsor so.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 28, 2024, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on January 28, 2024, 04:04:57 PM

Appears not. Happy to add you as co-sponsor so.

Thanks Miestra. It is a pleasure.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Miestră Schivă, UrN Has this bill been moved to CRL yet? As the main sponsor would you mind me moving it now?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on February 17, 2024, 03:54:18 PM@Miestră Schivă, UrN Has this bill been moved to CRL yet? As the main sponsor would you mind me moving it now?

... wow, I can't believe I actually forgot about this one! Please, move it to CRL.

mximo

I will sponsor this if it's still ok for me to do it ;)

Mximo Carbonèl
Senator from Florencia
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: mximo on February 18, 2024, 09:00:56 PMI will sponsor this if it's still ok for me to do it ;)

Mximo Carbonèl
Senator from Florencia

@Miestră Schivă, UrN OK with you?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight