News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Hang with the Cool Kids! Join the NPW

Started by Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, June 04, 2020, 02:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Hey there cool cats and kittens!  Wanna be awesome?  Wanna learn how to teach a yak to dance, or run down a dik dik?  Wanna help steer Talossa's oldest ideology into a bright future and make a difference in how things go?  Wanna let your freak flag fly from the top of the Mitchell Building?

Then maybe you should join the New Peculiar Way!

What's this all about you ask, in shock and forbidden curiosity?  Well:

1.)  We are Peculiarist- That means we don't think Talossa should have to run like all the other nations of the world.  Maybe it's a zenlike afterglow?  Or a pot-pie blob?  Or really should function akin to a fraternal lodge?  We're always open to new ideas, and would love to hear yours.

2.)  We are Republicans- We don't think that anybody should hold the corner on Talossanity.  As a monarchh once said, "I am the state."  Monarchy plays into a terribly "more Talossan than thou" culture that has plagued us since the very foundation.  Let's strangle that weed.  Failing that, we are open to considering Peculiar takes on a diminished monarchy.

3.)  We're really fun folks- It's not all business over at NPW headquarters, oh no.  We also engage in cultural and societal development, as well as keeping an open communication channel between members.

4.)  We're the oldest, but we're still young- Now is the time you can get involved on the ground floor of the party.  As Talossa's oldest Peculiarist party, we carry a proud standard, but we're still new enough that even newcomers to the party can make a difference.

5.)  We have cookies!

Interested?  You know you are!  Drop E.S. Bornatfiglheu a message if you're interested in getting involved.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

DNVercaria

Ián S.G. Txaglh

Quote from: DNVercaria on June 04, 2020, 05:53:03 PM
Old NPW advertisement...

that is an odd format and file, i downloaded it and could not delete it then. it really took 3 minutes to delete it...

DNVercaria

It's an Ogg video file. There's no problem downloading and watching it over here (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is the operating system), deleting it isn't a problem as well... hm.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

You know you want to jump back into the fray, D.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

DNVercaria

Regarding Peculiarism, I've become a bit tired of explaining the inexplicable. Maybe it's because of a misconception on my side, because I never really understood that "serious Peculiarism" is some sort of a contradiction in itself.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'm no Peculiarist myself, but for me explaining it is as simple as "Talossa does not have to simulate 'real' countries".

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ián S.G. Txaglh

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on June 11, 2020, 08:59:03 PM
I'm no Peculiarist myself, but for me explaining it is as simple as "Talossa does not have to simulate 'real' countries".

besides a slight taste of absurdity and comedy included, i do understand peculiarism in exactly same way. all the ornamental stuff in definitely-not-micronationalism may turn a good fun into an empty shell avoid of anything worth an effort.

DNVercaria

Sure, and I guess we all can agree that  we won't act like a gun-toting Milwaukee Liberation Army, bound to enforce our organic territorial claims. But where to go from your explanation as the common starting point? Should we wallow in dreams of medieval glory, thus being "not real"? Or develope the real utopy of a non-racist, non-sexist, internet-based international democracy? Or should we all put our pink-dotted rompers on and be as creative as hell all day and night long? I suppose, the term Peculiarism is evoking questions like this, and the audience is reacting with disappointment if we're leaving them with the simple statement "Talossa does not have to simulate real countries, that's all."

Ián S.G. Txaglh

Quote from: DNVercaria on June 12, 2020, 03:34:58 AM

Sure, and I guess we all can agree that  we won't act like a gun-toting Milwaukee Liberation Army, bound to enforce our organic territorial claims. But where to go from your explanation as the common starting point? Should we wallow in dreams of medieval glory, thus being "not real"? Or develope the real utopy of a non-racist, non-sexist, internet-based international democracy? Or should we all put our pink-dotted rompers on and be as creative as hell all day and night long? I suppose, the term Peculiarism is evoking questions like this, and the audience is reacting with disappointment if we're leaving them with the simple statement "Talossa does not have to simulate real countries, that's all."

i would go not with any utopia, but practical struggle for unbiased and self-reflecting community. it definitely should include creative maniacs, nitpicking politicians and serious judges, all with one aim - to keep the spirit, to keep the thing rolling on its inner fuel, an interest in meeting people, talking to them, cooperating, arguing and that stuff people normally do, with a spark of specific spice - talossanity. in my mind it is a connection to the history, to the people, to the culture. we need no king, but we may choose to have one, we need no republic, but we choose to have one, what we may really need is a will to be here together. authoritarians close people behind fences, ReaLife does it in a cage of necessities to live on, talossa should keep us in a band cos we want to.