Started by Sir Lüc, June 14, 2020, 01:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

I hereby renounce my citizenship.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Writ of Termination - #328 Lüc da Schir

The chancery hereby acknowledges the declaration of renunciation posted by Lüc da Schir, formerly a citizen of Benito. His status in the database has been changed to inactive.

Done by my hand in the name of King John and under his Royal Seal on this 14th day of June in the year of the common era 2020, in the 13th year of the reign of our gracious sovereign King John, and of the independence of Talossa the 41st.

Glüc da Dhi
Secretary of State
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Gotta say Luc, it's a shame to see you go.

I hope everything is going ok with your family, and that you remain safe and well. 
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Miestră Schivă, UrN

While I was aware that Lüc had certain family issues that were consuming his time, I am still shocked and upset by his renunciation.

It also raises the broader question of - apart from, who is going to be the National Online Tech Nerd from now on - whether the whole concept upon which the idea of the Talossan Royal Civil Service was founded may have been mistaken. Free Democrats have been pushing the idea for years that many people drifted out of Talossa because "doing anything" meant joining a political party and thus becoming a target for flying miéida. So, the idea of a Civil Service where people could do important State jobs without being involved in politics.

The fact remains now that every single Permanent Secretary has quit during this term - and certainly no older Talossans have come out of retirement to get one of those government jobs. We've got to rethink this whole thing.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

I'm utterly blindsided by this announcement... :-(

It's taken me ten minutes to figure out what to say but like, I hope you and your family manage to get out of this crisis okay.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

GV

You were a cog in our community.  Your out-of-Talossa situation notwithstanding, I hope you can find a way to come back to us.  Best wishes now and always - I enjoyed working with you very much. - GV

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Hope Luc and his family are doing okay.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein