[AFAES ÎNPHÄTSESCHTI] Future TalossaFest Planning Input

Started by Bentxamì Puntmasleu, April 11, 2024, 08:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

The Bureau of Home Affairs is working to develop a preliminary plan for the next TalossaFest. The tentative end-goal is to organize a TalossaFest L to be held in the summer of 2029. The first phase of this preliminary planning is to solicit citizen input. Answers, however detailed, to any number of the following questions would be very helpful. Citizens may also send me answers via PM on Wittenberg or email (b.puntmasleu@gmail.com). Of course, I also welcome comments that do not necessarily directly answer the questions listed. Thank you.

To those citizens who have attended TalossaFest in the past: What was it like? From where, and how, did you travel? How long did you stay? What was the nature of your accommodations? What did you do at TalossaFest, both formally and informally? What were the highlights of the event? Were their any unexpected hurdles, either for you or the event as a whole? Did you pay for your travel, room, food, etc. out of pocket or was government assistance provided?

To citizens who would be interested in attending a future TalossaFest: What would you like to see from a future TalossaFest? For how many days would you attend? How much money would you personally be willing and/or able to spend? What three words would best describe your ideal TalossaFest experience?

To citizens who have attended, and/or would attend, a regional variation of TalossaFest (e.g. TalossaWest): How do you think the main TalossaFest and its regional variations can best coordinate their activities?
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Bentxamì Puntmasleu on April 11, 2024, 08:36:41 PMThe Bureau of Home Affairs is working to develop a preliminary plan for the next TalossaFest. The tentative end-goal is to organize a TalossaFest L to be held in the summer of 2029. The first phase of this preliminary planning is to solicit citizen input. Answers, however detailed, to any number of the following questions would be very helpful. Citizens may also send me answers via PM on Wittenberg or email (b.puntmasleu@gmail.com). Of course, I also welcome comments that do not necessarily directly answer the questions listed. Thank you.

To those citizens who have attended TalossaFest in the past: What was it like? From where, and how, did you travel? How long did you stay? What was the nature of your accommodations? What did you do at TalossaFest, both formally and informally? What were the highlights of the event? Were their any unexpected hurdles, either for you or the event as a whole? Did you pay for your travel, room, food, etc. out of pocket or was government assistance provided?

To citizens who would be interested in attending a future TalossaFest: What would you like to see from a future TalossaFest? For how many days would you attend? How much money would you personally be willing and/or able to spend? What three words would best describe your ideal TalossaFest experience?

To citizens who have attended, and/or would attend, a regional variation of TalossaFest (e.g. TalossaWest): How do you think the main TalossaFest and its regional variations can best coordinate their activities?
Where would TalossaFest take place?

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 12, 2024, 01:06:38 AM
Quote from: Bentxamì Puntmasleu on April 11, 2024, 08:36:41 PMThe Bureau of Home Affairs is working to develop a preliminary plan for the next TalossaFest. The tentative end-goal is to organize a TalossaFest L to be held in the summer of 2029. The first phase of this preliminary planning is to solicit citizen input. Answers, however detailed, to any number of the following questions would be very helpful. Citizens may also send me answers via PM on Wittenberg or email (b.puntmasleu@gmail.com). Of course, I also welcome comments that do not necessarily directly answer the questions listed. Thank you.

TalossaFest takes place within Metropolitan Talossa (the City of Milwaukee's East Side). Regional offshoots have been organized in the past for citizens who are unable to make a long journey. For example, "TalossaWest" has apparently been held in Denver, Colorado for Talossans who live in the Western United States. I don't know about any past offshoots in Poland or Central/Eastern Europe in general. Perhaps there could be a gathering on Cézembre for European Talossans?

For our nation's semicentennial, I would ideally like to see the greatest number of Talossans gathered to date. Of course, long-distance travel is expensive and may involve missing a lot of work, etc. so regional offshoots and remote attendance will probably have to be organized. It would be good to maximize in-person at the main event though. Perhaps citizens with more means could sponsor citizens with less? That's just a suggestion. I don't really have the means to fully sponsor a fellow citizen right now (though I could contribute) but maybe in five years I will.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Bentxamì Puntmasleu on April 12, 2024, 05:39:22 PM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 12, 2024, 01:06:38 AM

TalossaFest takes place within Metropolitan Talossa (the City of Milwaukee's East Side). Regional offshoots have been organized in the past for citizens who are unable to make a long journey. For example, "TalossaWest" has apparently been held in Denver, Colorado for Talossans who live in the Western United States. I don't know about any past offshoots in Poland or Central/Eastern Europe in general. Perhaps there could be a gathering on Cézembre for European Talossans?

For our nation's semicentennial, I would ideally like to see the greatest number of Talossans gathered to date. Of course, long-distance travel is expensive and may involve missing a lot of work, etc. so regional offshoots and remote attendance will probably have to be organized. It would be good to maximize in-person at the main event though. Perhaps citizens with more means could sponsor citizens with less? That's just a suggestion. I don't really have the means to fully sponsor a fellow citizen right now (though I could contribute) but maybe in five years I will.

I wonder how much an eVisa would cost. I would love to visit core Talossa, but I don't think I have time (and money).

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Ián Tamorán S.H.

A TalossaCézembre would be great for us Europeans... though Cézembre itself is a little inaccessible (and expensive). London (or its environs) would be a good alternative? And I would be there (provided an 85 year old can get there!).
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Ián Tamorán S.H. on April 13, 2024, 10:31:16 AMA TalossaCézembre would be great for us Europeans... though Cézembre itself is a little inaccessible (and expensive). London (or its environs) would be a good alternative? And I would be there (provided an 85 year old can get there!).
I don't want to step a foot in London ever again.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Ián Tamorán S.H. on April 13, 2024, 10:31:16 AMA TalossaCézembre would be great for us Europeans... though Cézembre itself is a little inaccessible (and expensive). London (or its environs) would be a good alternative? And I would be there (provided an 85 year old can get there!).
Why not indeed - or Paris, may be more central for Italy, the Netherlands, Germany and London. In 5 years I'll be retired and able to spend some time on this
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on April 13, 2024, 05:33:37 PM
Why not indeed - or Paris, may be more central for Italy, the Netherlands, Germany and London. In 5 years I'll be retired and able to spend some time on this
Germany sounds like a good idea. Maybe somewhere in the Alps, or even better, at the lake Boden (Bodensee) in Lindau

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Bråneu Excelsio

There's a 30% chance I can do Chicago 2029.