News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

The Progressive Alliance details its commitment

Started by þerxh Sant-Enogat, June 05, 2024, 04:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 05, 2024, 11:36:20 AMBut you literally spent an entire term upholding something that you now admit was an error. Seeing now that the Agreement was indeed used to block the Ziu's consideration of Chancery Reform and that historic Organic Law reform was achieved outside of that Agreement, Open Society would welcome the Progressive Alliance's support for our effort to ensure an apolitical Chancery/Civil Service.

Reposting for the operative part which was ignored. Ahem.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

þerxh Sant-Enogat

þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Túischac'h dal 60:éă Cosă,
Duceu pareßel dal Aliançù Progreßïu

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Fair play to you, great comeback :D

But more seriously: if I'm reading your program right, the question of why the Database reform didn't happen is "AD was going to do it, so it didn't happen because he went on leave, but it'll happen this time". So it seems that every election or so there's an AD Will Be Minister of Everything party, just under different names.

"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 05, 2024, 04:29:39 PMFair play to you, great comeback :D

But more seriously: if I'm reading your program right, the question of why the Database reform didn't happen is "AD was going to do it, so it didn't happen because he went on leave, but it'll happen this time". So it seems that every election or so there's an AD Will Be Minister of Everything party, just under different names.
That's exactly the contrary of what I explained above about nomination of cross-party experts ministers, as I wanted to do this last Cosā with MinSTUFF. Thanks for this opportunity to stress on this important promise made by the Progressive Alliance.
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Sir Lüc on June 05, 2024, 12:20:48 PM
Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 04:44:11 AMSystematically voting for the fall of a Government when in opposition must not be a principle.

A small quasi-philosophical note on this; even if the government of the day was performing well, an opposition party that wished to lead a future government should by definition vote against Confidence, as otherwise they would essentially publicly admit they don't believe they could do a better job.
Every MC should be allowed to assess in good faith the performance of the Government, without any party line injunction or whip instruction. That's also a promise of the Progressive Alliance, as stated above.
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 05, 2024, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 05, 2024, 11:36:20 AMBut you literally spent an entire term upholding something that you now admit was an error. Seeing now that the Agreement was indeed used to block the Ziu's consideration of Chancery Reform and that historic Organic Law reform was achieved outside of that Agreement, Open Society would welcome the Progressive Alliance's support for our effort to ensure an apolitical Chancery/Civil Service.

No answer is an answer too. I mean, while you're making promises...

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 04:49:01 PMEvery MC should be allowed to assess in good faith the performance of the Government, without any party line injunction or whip instruction. That's also a promise of the Progressive Alliance, as stated above.

"We'll give our seats in the Cosa to people who won't be expected to abide by our programme" is perhaps not something you want to be promoting

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 05, 2024, 04:56:01 PM

I still support the discussion of a bill ensuring an apolitical chancery, as I explained in the Standing Committee. We need to find the good balance to preserve freedom of political affiliation and activity of all volunteering citizens, and I rely on the collective wisdom of the Ziu to find this right balance.
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 05:33:28 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 05, 2024, 04:56:01 PM

I still support the discussion of a bill ensuring an apolitical chancery, as I explained in the Standing Committee. We need to find the good balance to preserve freedom of political affiliation and activity of all volunteering citizens, and I rely on the collective wisdom of the Ziu to find this right balance.

Well, supporting a discussion by the full Ziu is indeed an improvement on what occurred during the last term. So this is indeed a policy change as you supported the restriction of discussion during this last term to the Standing Committee. And since the bill does not limit political affiliation and activity of volunteering citizens I assume it will find full-throated support from the Progressive Alliance.

Unless there is a one-seat shortage for a majority again.

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 05, 2024, 05:44:23 PMSo this is indeed a policy change as you supported the restriction of discussion during this last term to the Standing Committee.

Not true
Sénéchal de Cézembre,

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on June 05, 2024, 05:59:52 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 05, 2024, 05:44:23 PMSo this is indeed a policy change as you supported the restriction of discussion during this last term to the Standing Committee.

Not true

So you did post the bill to the Hopper for discussion by the full Ziu followed by a vote by the full Ziu after it was vetoed in the Standing Committee? What you linked to is a post showing you honored the Agreement which allowed the bill to be blocked from consideration.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 05, 2024, 05:44:23 PMUnless there is a one-seat shortage for a majority again.

Look, I don't want to interrupt you guys doing this,

but I still wonder what you think your alternative was to doing the deal and getting the seat :D

The goal of the Free Democrats was to stop (a) the constant campaign of personal attacks/insinuations of bias against the Secretary of State; (b) the OrgLaw proposals, now thankfully memory-holed, which would have allowed the King to nominate a successor without Ziu approval. Mission accomplished.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 05, 2024, 06:15:07 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 05, 2024, 05:44:23 PMUnless there is a one-seat shortage for a majority again.

Look, I don't want to interrupt you guys doing this,

but I still wonder what you think your alternative was to doing the deal and getting the seat :D

The goal of the Free Democrats was to stop (a) the constant campaign of personal attacks/insinuations of bias against the Secretary of State; (b) the OrgLaw proposals, now thankfully memory-holed, which would have allowed the King to nominate a successor without Ziu approval. Mission accomplished.

Some people call it "constant campaign of personal attacks/insinuations of bias" when someone points out that it is not appropriate for someone to be the chief of a party that is running in elections he is also administering...others call it standing up for a pretty simple and usually not controversial principle. I know that Txec felt pressured to do it because the FreeDems were in a desperate place at the time but despite being good intentioned it was not appropriate. He has pledged not to do it again (in private) which is good for his time in office and since I think he is a good guy leads me to believe he would not give partisan preference (even in a largely symbolic office) like the monarchy. But we need to address the precedent and wishing it away with stories about personal attacks are not going to make it go away.

So yeah, you achieved your mission (thank goodness you finally acknowledged it) of blocking the Nonpartisan SoS Act with the assistance of TNC members. Next term, what will you do? And the next term?

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Yes, I agree that intense passive-aggression is making it hard for you to communicate clearly.  See, you started your response here with a technique called "begging the question," where you state a very questionable assumption as if it were agreed-upon fact, before then proceeding to your request.  Answering either positively or negatively has the side effect of seeming to accept that assumption.

If you'd like to build bridges, put down the torch.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 05, 2024, 04:29:39 PMFair play to you, great comeback :D

It is true that I am unusually effective at creating long-lasting and durable new solutions for the country.

Heh, but seriously, not to beg the question myself: as one example, I organized and did most of the work to convert the sprawling series of laws from decades of legislating into el Lexhatx.  Our legal code is now in its tenth year, and it has become one of the most important parts of governance.

And Infotecă was created last term -- a system that's incredibly easy to maintain, and yet provides invaluable data for understanding the trends of our country.  If you think your government is screwing up the immigration process or that Witt is quieter lately, that information is just a click away.  And while it's just a spreadsheet, that very simplicity means it can become the basis for any number of other projects in the future.

I am just one guy, so I'll never be "Minister of Everything," but I have a knack for new solutions to fix hard problems.  I'd like to put that to work again and work out a new system for the Chancery.  I'd be happy to discuss specifics, if you'd like.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein