[CRL] The Nonpartisan Chancery Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, June 09, 2024, 02:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, it is a vital national interest to have an election administration authority free of actual or reasonably perceived partisan partiality, and

Whereas, the below-proposed restrictions (as a part of ensuring this interest are modelled after those written by @Miestră Schivă, UrN  in 53RZ2 The Civil Service (Commissioner Abolition) Bill, and

Whereas, this bill would still allow parties to appoint whoever they choose as national party officers but those officers themselves would not be permitted to serve as Secretary of State simultaneously.

Therefore, be it enacted by the Ziu, that El Lexhatx C.5 which currently reads:

Quote5. The Secretary of State shall hold no seat in the Ziu.

Is amended to read as follows:

Quote5. The Secretary of State shall not hold the offices of Monarch, Seneschal, Distain, Judge of the Uppermost Cort, any cabinet portfolio, any party officer position in a political party at the national level, or member of the Ziu.

Ureu q'estadra så,
Breneir Tzaracomprada (MC-Open Society)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I'd like to start the 10 day Hopper clock on this one now

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 10, 2024, 09:36:54 AMI'd like to start the 10 day Hopper clock on this one now

Quick note for folks concerned with things sneaking under the radar. Comments and suggestions for improvements are welcome as this will be submitted to the CRL after the 10 day requirement is met.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Bumping to follow up on my request for this to be moved to the CRL @Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Mr. Secretary, are you able to do this?

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Ian Plätschisch

I still think "any leadership office in a political party at the national level" is pretty vague.

Also, I would move Monarch to the start of the list of disallowed positions.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 26, 2024, 09:20:50 PMI still think "any leadership office in a political party at the national level" is pretty vague.

Also, I would move Monarch to the start of the list of disallowed positions.

I have moved Monarch to the start of the list and edited the leadership office to say "party officer position."

Ian Plätschisch

Breneir Tzaracomprada

MC @þerxh Sant-Enogat this bill still needs your review before clarking.

þerxh Sant-Enogat

þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Túischac'h dal 60:éă Cosă,
Duceu pareßel dal Aliançù Progreßïu