[CULTURE] Royal Society for the Advancement of Knowledge

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, July 15, 2024, 01:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Tierçéu Rôibeardescù on September 30, 2024, 10:13:02 PMI personally feel that education as the prime oparadi of the society does limit is wider appeal to the highly educated citizens we already possess and I propose we extend into to areas to help guide talossan social policy. Not that the previous work by the society was limited as it more than speaks for itself, I just feel it's vacancy as well as in low academic turnover of recent years showes that there are gaps in which engagement is being lost, which I belive to be symptomatic of a wider problem here in moden talossa. With all the current changes in our society I think that now is the time to start a new chapter. I feel the society has room for growth into the academic feild, even that outside of talossa, and I feel that we should and I'm sure can start producing accreditation towards work produced for the betterment of talossan society and its advancement.

Thank you Tierciu, you mentioned early in your answer that the Society limits its appeal. Do you think it is a warranted and feasible objective for the Society to broaden its appeal to the general public? An example I could forsee would be educational materials or productions on issues currently before the Ziu.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Academic speaking, I think we are of interest to the wider academic community as we basically are our own melting pot.
Educationally, I do feel that we have fallen off the wagon somewhat for the newer citizens, as times has changed since my early days, which does make some areas of talossa less accessible, so I would be keen to do educational resources, introducing or reintroducing our society and our nation back to the citizens. A lot of the old story's need retelling and also archiving those story's as they also make up the culture we have built.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Tierçéu Rôibeardescù on September 30, 2024, 11:08:37 PMAcademic speaking, I think we are of interest to the wider academic community as we basically are our own melting pot.
Educationally, I do feel that we have fallen off the wagon somewhat for the newer citizens, as times has changed since my early days, which does make some areas of talossa less accessible, so I would be keen to do educational resources, introducing or reintroducing our society and our nation back to the citizens. A lot of the old story's need retelling and also archiving those story's as they also make up the culture we have built.

I quite like this.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Miestră Schivă, UrN Do you have thoughts on Tierciu's statements? Is there a chance we might have a new a Royal Society president?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Leaving comments open for a few days for more public feedback and for Tierçiu to make a closing statement if she wants.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I promise to not go mad with power or invent and wheld  phycohistory and write prophesies of the fall of the future talossan galactic empire? We have other political and cluture groups to do that 🙄

On a serious note, I intend to approach the society as true achedemic institution, a place to share and develop a independent body to not only be of of scientific and societal advice the state but the academic community at large.

If appointed, Within my first year I will endeavour to do the following.
  • hold one symposium (likly online), namly on Micronational sociological studies, with an aim to have some academics intrested in the field from abroad
  • Offer a form of accredited qualification (however dubious such accreditation would be 😆🫣) likly in the form of cultural studies and/or/aswell as Talossan Law(with a cool certificate to go with it)
  • begin the development a talossan examination and awarding body.
  • produce the first edtion of a talossan academic journal, in view of a yearly project

I am limiting my scope as I wish to only offer what I feel I can deliver within a year without too much pressure or worries around time commitments.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I love the reference to one of my all time favorite writers, Isaac Asimov, and his most excellent Foundation series (the books, not that stinky Apple TV series)!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Zilect Uómbat Firă

Quote from: Tierçéu Rôibeardescù on October 02, 2024, 07:13:39 PM
  • Offer a form of accredited qualification (however dubious such accreditation would be 😆🫣) likly in the form of cultural studies and/or/aswell as Talossan Law(with a cool certificate to go with it)

Would I be able to post this on Linkedin?

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Zilect Uómbat Firă on October 03, 2024, 12:06:22 PM

Sure why not!

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 02, 2024, 09:56:38 PMI love the reference to one of my all time favorite writers, Isaac Asimov, and his most excellent Foundation series (the books, not that stinky Apple TV series)!

Mine too! It's a good job I'm not a mathematician too, I'd be unstoppable xD

Breneir Tzaracomprada

It is a good thing this thread was re-surfaced. Looks like we might have a new Royal Society president soon, hopefully.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Well, you probably all knew this was coming.

In accordance with El Lexhatx C.1.6 and C.3.2., I hereby ask the King to confirm the appointment of @Tierçéu Rôibeardescù as President of the Royal Society for the Advancement of Knowledge. The Culture Ministry will liaise closely with S:da la Presedint over a schedule of work.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 03, 2024, 05:25:37 PMWell, you probably all knew this was coming.

In accordance with El Lexhatx C.1.6 and C.3.2., I hereby ask the King to confirm the appointment of @Tierçéu Rôibeardescù as President of the Royal Society for the Advancement of Knowledge. The Culture Ministry will liaise closely with S:da la Presedint over a schedule of work.

Congratulations @Tierçéu Rôibeardescù ! I am genuinely excited to see what you make of the Royal Society.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Tierçéu Rôibeardescù now that you are officially the new Royal Society president I'd like to offer the resources and services of Fora Talossa in spreading any educational ventures from the Royal Society through its channels.

We are Talossa's largest repository of video programming and a cooperative venture seems like a good opportunity for continued growth and service to the nation.

Zilect Uómbat Firă

Quote from: Tierçéu Rôibeardescù on October 03, 2024, 12:40:27 PM
Quote from: Zilect Uómbat Firă on October 03, 2024, 12:06:22 PM

Sure why not!
Let me rephrase. If I get a certification from LexisNexis, it asks me "would you like ot post on LinkedIn?" and if I click "yes" the post on LinkedIn is able to be verified by anyone looking to see if I actually got the certification I posted about.