News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Nomination of an Heir Presumptive

Started by King John, August 20, 2024, 06:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King John

Nomination of an Heir Apparent

WE, JOHN by the Grace of God King of Talossa and of all its Realms and Regions, King of Cézembre, Sovereign Lord and Protector of Pengöpäts and the New Falklands, Defender of the Faith, Leader of the Armed Forces, Viceroy of Hoxha and Vicar of Atatürk, greet the Kingdom and her citizens and Cestours.  We speak here today of the future.

We came into our office of Monarch without ambition or expectation, called to serve during a time of turmoil for our Nation.  We took up the Crown with apprehension and with some fear.  What might the future hold?  For nearly all of our time as Secretary of State, we had been matched in fierce conflict with partisans of the House of Rouergue.  Now Talossa had finally broken free of the last remnants of that House, and it was impossible to say if she would even last out the year.  But we -- not simply We the King, but we the citizenry -- had high hopes that our beloved nation could continue, the identical Kingdom of Talossa, with a long and proud history, and yet, in some measure, a new Kingdom.  We were determined to test whether it might be possible for Talossa to exist as a constitutional Monarchy, under a Monarch with sharply limited powers and who was committed to protecting the rights and privileges of all, while endeavouring to establish customs and practices that would allow that Monarchy to continue into the indefinite future.

And here we are, seventeen years later, living in the Kingdom of our (then) aspirations.  What a brilliant success Talossa has been!

This is now the seventeenth year of Our reign, and (as We posted not long ago) We find Ourself unable to provide the Kingdom with the kind of attention and devotion it needs and deserves from its Monarch.  It is high time that the Crown should pass to another.  And as the Crown passes, again Talossa shall continue the same, and yet again become, in some sense, a new Kingdom, renewed and revitalized by a new generation of willing hands.  Our Ziu have unanimously agreed upon a method of succession, a Successor to be nominated by Us and affirmed by their voices. 

THEREFORE, by this special decree do We hereby nominate as Our Heir Presumptive Our well-beloved and greatly admired Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă of the L'Urðeri del Bicoloreu, Secretary of State and Guaír del Sabor Talossan, Squirrel Viceroy of Arms and Cunstaval da Vuode.

We make this nomination expecting that our Ziu and the Citizens shall agree that Our nominating Sir Txec is a wise choice and one made for the good of the Nation, and shall confirm it with good speed.  We are absolutely confident that Sir Txec shall, as Heir and as King, defend the honour and privileges of Crown and Country with dignity, wisdom, and zeal.  We pray that he forgive Us for placing this burden upon his unoffending head, and We hope to live His own good subject in Our turn, and to support him with Our whole heart.

Done under Our Hand Royal at our palace in the city of Centennial in Colorado, this 20th day of August being the Feast of Saint Oswin King and Martyr, in the year of salvation 2024, the 45th of the Independence of Talossa, and of Our Reign the 17th.

John, Regeu da Talossa

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

My goodness. I am speechless and entirely humbled Your Majesty. I will post some thoughts once I have a few moments to collect my wits. Until then, let me just say that I will endeavor each day to live up to the ideals of our Kingdom.

More thoughts to come soon!

- Sir Txec
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Earliest congratulations to Txec on this very well-deserved nomination. I look forward to casting my vote in support as soon as possible, first as a MZ, and then as a citizen.

Azul my fellow Talossans,

I am deeply honored, humbled, and just a small bit frightened at the prospect of becoming Heir Presumptive, and by extension, King of Talossa. In the nearly 12 years since I became a citizen of this wonderful kingdom, I have always worked to try to make our nation a little bit better. I agreed to serve as Seneschal early in my time, and you all know all the other things I've done over the course of years for Talossa.

When King John asked me if I was willing to serve, I was shocked. I mean, why me of all people? Surely there are others that are better. However, I did agree that if he believed I was the right choice, I would serve. Yes, serve. While the title of King is lofty, to me, a king is a servant. The monarch should serve the people and represent the very best of them.

I have read and re-read many times the words that King John first said upon his own nomination to the throne. I here and now pledge that, if confirmed by the Ziu and the people, I will be scrupulously apolitical in all ways. I will leave that party which I helped found years ago with some sadness as many are my friends, and shall remain so. I will not vote in elections, except to vote present, as will my wife Chelli. Upon confirmation by the people in referendum, I will resign all my offices and party affiliations. I will appoint a deputy Secretary of State to conduct the said referendum as well.

I know that change is hard. His Majesty has been our king for over 17 years now. He has been a beacon of Talossanity and a symbol of our great nation. He has some pretty big shoes to fill and I will endeavor with all I am to become a king that you can be proud of.

All the best!
-Sir Txec dal Nordselva
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator and Man Without A Party)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on August 21, 2024, 07:05:58 AMUpon confirmation by the people in referendum, I will resign all my offices and party affiliations. I will appoint a deputy Secretary of State to conduct the said referendum as well.

Txec, I encourage you to consider appointing a deputy as a part of an orderly transition sooner rather later not just to conduct the referendum. I know this is something we've discussed in the past but, for such a vital office, there should be someone ready to step in on the resignation, incapacity, or absence of the incumbent. And I have privately proposed one respected citizen who could serve well.

@Miestră Schivă, UrN are there already plans underway for an official coronation ceremony assuming that the Ziu vote and referendum are successful?

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 23, 2024, 03:13:05 PM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on August 21, 2024, 07:05:58 AMUpon confirmation by the people in referendum, I will resign all my offices and party affiliations. I will appoint a deputy Secretary of State to conduct the said referendum as well.

Txec, I encourage you to consider appointing a deputy as a part of an orderly transition sooner rather later not just to conduct the referendum. I know this is something we've discussed in the past but, for such a vital office, there should be someone ready to step in on the resignation, incapacity, or absence of the incumbent. And I have privately proposed one respected citizen who could serve well.

@Miestră Schivă, UrN are there already plans underway for an official coronation ceremony assuming that the Ziu vote and referendum are successful?

Naturally this was one of the very first things I thought of after the King asked me privately last month to become his heir. I have no doubt that by the time the referendum is called a suitable deputy will be in place.

I have a rather long list going of details I must get to as this whole thing progresses, including what must be done if and when I am confirmed and become King.

I also have relayed your suggestion on to the Seneschal.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on August 23, 2024, 06:08:37 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 23, 2024, 03:13:05 PM

Naturally this was one of the very first things I thought of after the King asked me privately last month to become his heir. I have no doubt that by the time the referendum is called a suitable deputy will be in place.

I have a rather long list going of details I must get to as this whole thing progresses, including what must be done if and when I am confirmed and become King.

I also have relayed your suggestion on to the Seneschal.

Thanks Txec. If the King approached you a month ago then I am assuming based on your past compentence that tentative planning started around that time. But I must reiterate it is not just the referendum that might encourage you to designate a deputy sooner rather than later. It is the long list going of details you mention which is the very reason why there needs to be a deputy sooner than the referendum, Txec.

GV

Ten-thousand congratulations and more, Txec! - GV