Coronation Prep

Started by Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat, August 26, 2024, 02:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on September 02, 2024, 06:55:48 PMI considered the suggestion of the Fulbright Fellow, but unfortunately, imposing an ordinary over all during the marshalling appears to have a specific heraldic meaning (even aside from the break with Talossan precedent) since it will read as an impaling or new arms instead of a quartering to indicate the union of his personal house and the realm.

In other words, quartering preserves the integrity of the individual arms.  Putting an engrailed cross over everything would make this an entirely new achievement, instead of a quartering, and would imply a right by blood to Talossa.

Thank you for the art links!  Great!

-Dean

This makes perfect sense. I thank the Dean for humouring my unorthodox idea!

-TFF
Premieir of Maricopa
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

On the contrary, I am grateful to the Fulbright Fellow for his willingness to think outside the box and suggest novel solutions! And this idea can even be possibly utilized a badge or something.

-Dean
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on September 03, 2024, 08:58:03 AMOn the contrary, I am grateful to the Fulbright Fellow for his willingness to think outside the box and suggest novel solutions! And this idea can even be possibly utilized a badge or something.

-Dean

It's outside the box ideas that keep us growing. Frankly, it was a good idea but the Dean is right that it would not mean what we intended.

As for a badge, I do need to start thinking about that as well. Perhaps it could be a modified version of my marshalled arms.

-SVA/REH
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Perhaps simplified from quarterly to party per bend? Something like:

Quoteper bend sinister argent and ermine, the Chinese glyph Ben sable and a scroll bendwise sinister separated by a bend sinister engrailed gules.

The shape of the field to be determined of course.

-TFF
Premieir of Maricopa

Yeah that might be quite snazzy!

-SVA/REH
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Here is an example on a square field:

-TFF
Premieir of Maricopa

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on September 04, 2024, 10:22:38 AMHere is an example on a square field:

-TFF

I rather like this badge. Nice job!

-SVA/REH
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Premieir of Maricopa

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Congratulations Sreu: Txec !

I would be delighted to participate in the coronation in an active role.

It feels wonderful that the CoA I designed for you will be remembered and revered throughout Talossa for a long time.

SKA

Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow

Quote from: Béneditsch Ardpresteir on September 06, 2024, 12:40:56 PMCongratulations Sreu: Txec !

I would be delighted to participate in the coronation in an active role.

It feels wonderful that the CoA I designed for you will be remembered and revered throughout Talossa for a long time.

SKA

Thank you BenArd! I had quite forgotten it was you who designed my original arms. I am excited for what the future holds.

-SVA/REH
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Okay, as I read the situation and after ample time for other members of the Coletx to comment, here's where we stand:

- The prospective arms and associated badge have been sorted. Beautiful badge art has already been created, and we just need a good enblazonment of the arms.

- There is widespread agreement that it is preferable for the coronation to occur in the GTA, and general willingness to wait until summer for that to happen, if necessary. As we get to February and March, we can check and see anne whether such plans will actually work out for the incoming monarch.

- That leaves us with considerable time to tackle the niceties of the ceremony. A proposal for what will happen, a master of ceremonies, a translation of key parts of the script, and assembly of the necessary paraphernalia.

Is there any other business to put on our radar? We should probably assemble any upcoming grants, and inquire of His Majesty as to whether he would like to make the awards.

Perhaps different parts of this should go to different heralds?

-Dean
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

As part of the potential upcoming Accession, I have been working on a draft of Accession Honours that I will first be presenting for advice to my incoming Privy Council and also with the incumbent government. I have a few ideas about things going forward but I don't wish to act unilaterally so will be seeking advice.

On another note, I do think it is perhaps time to elevate the The Fulbright Fellow to the rank of Pursuivant. I'll have a chat with the Dean and The Fulbright Fellow in another thread.

-SVA/REH
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal