News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Immigration Reform

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, September 03, 2024, 08:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tric'hard Lenxheir

After reading the new immigration reform bill, I hope it does not become retroactive as I believe many (myself chief among them) would likely lose their citizenship.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator and Man Without A Party)

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on September 03, 2024, 08:09:59 PMAfter reading the new immigration reform bill, I hope it does not become retroactive as I believe many (myself chief among them) would likely lose their citizenship.

Not sure if you're joking, but of course it's not retroactive :D

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 03, 2024, 08:43:41 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on September 03, 2024, 08:09:59 PMAfter reading the new immigration reform bill, I hope it does not become retroactive as I believe many (myself chief among them) would likely lose their citizenship.

Kind of kidding but if I'm being honest I probably wouldn't pass a test on Talossa. I basically have figured out three words in the language, and I know very little about how the government works which is why I will not be standing for reelection to the Senat when the time comes.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator and Man Without A Party)

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on September 03, 2024, 08:48:13 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 03, 2024, 08:43:41 PM

Kind of kidding but if I'm being honest I probably wouldn't pass a test on Talossa. I basically have figured out three words in the language, and I know very little about how the government works which is why I will not be standing for reelection to the Senat when the time comes.

When I first applied for Talossan citizen, when King Robert was still in charge, you had to not only buy one of his books in Talossa, but past a test on it, *and* be interviewed and recommended by the Supreme Court, *AND* win a vote in both houses of the Ziu.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on September 03, 2024, 08:48:13 PMwhich is why I will not be standing for reelection to the Senat when the time comes.

Really disappointed to hear this, Tric'hard. You have discharged your duties well.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 03, 2024, 09:13:13 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on September 03, 2024, 08:48:13 PMwhich is why I will not be standing for reelection to the Senat when the time comes.

Really disappointed to hear this, Tric'hard. You have discharged your duties well.

I hope you will reconsider S:reu Lenxheir as you have done a fine job as senator.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal