News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

October 2024 Referendum feedback/Q&A thread

Started by Sir Lüc, September 28, 2024, 06:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Please feel free to use this thread for any queries related to the October 2024 midterm referendum on Sir Txec's appointment as Heir Presumptive. (Difficulty voting or using the referendum website, clarifications on procedure and rules, etc.)

I encourage you to read the FAQ I wrote on the referendum website in case that helps answering any questions you might have.

--Lüc, Deputy Secretary of State
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB MC
Finance Minister / Ministreu dals Finançuns
Deputy Secretary of State / Distain Secretar d'Estat
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

Breneir Tzaracomprada

A clear and easy to read referendum voting page.
And the FAQ is written in a neutral voice. Thumbs up for this effort so far.

Sir Lüc

Thank you. Advice on any FAQ additions or modifications is very much welcome.

Brief note to thank Sir Txec, Glüc and Iac for their help betatesting the voting system (Iac also translated the referendum title, which I'm very thankful for)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB MC

Sir Lüc

Voting is now open. If you wish to cast a secret ballot, 126 voting keys were sent out to the email addresses the Chancery holds for each eligible voter. (Please check your spam folder if you don't see it; I had no way of mitigating for Gmail nuking my mass mailer.)

These keys can be used on the referendum website either by copypasting the voting key or by simply clicking the link, which will autofill the key in. You may also reply to the voting key email, or send me a Wittenberg PM, and I will also count those votes as valid and insert them on the website on your behalf.

If you wish to vote publicly, you may do so on the voting thread.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB MC

Sir Lüc

We're up to 30.9% turnout (39 voters) with 12 days and 6 hours to go. I'm planning on sending out a round of reminders tomorrow (10th), and on the 20th for the last day of voting.

Edit: The first reminder got sent out a few hours ago and we already have six new voters (plus one between the previous turnout report and the mailer being sent out), so 36.5% turnout.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB MC

C. M. Siervicül

I got the reminder fine, but the original notice went into my spam folder so I never saw it. I wonder how much that has affected turnout.

Sir Lüc

Yeah, I was worried about how servers would handle a new domain, we never really used talossa.com addresses before as the Chancery usually uses talossa.ca; there isn't really anything we can do about that I think, except to avoid being too spammy so the address is seen as legit. I just hope people who don't visit Witt regularly get one of three emails.

I do think things are going reasonably well, though. We're up to 48 votes (38%) halfway through, while the most recent midterm referendum only had 72 ballots cast (approximately 47-49% turnout based off the previous and following GE results).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB MC

C. M. Siervicül

Has the referendum been announced on our social media accounts (Facebook, X, whatever)? I don't use social media much but it might attract the notice of some citizens.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I have seen it on Facebook, but I don't use X much so I don't know.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal