[Terpelaziun] Avocat-Xheneral (Oct 2)

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, October 02, 2024, 05:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Túischac'h:

I direct this enquiry to the Avocat-Xheneral. I am unclear, based on review of the Avant programme of action, what activities have been assigned to the A-X's portfolio. I recall the discussion on Organic Law Reform is being spear-headed by Minister Autofil.

For the A-X, please report to the Ziu on your present activities, if any.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Ian Plätschisch

I thank the member for his question.

The primary duty of the Avocat-Xheneral is to provide legal advice to the Government and represent it in Cort. As the member is well aware, I have done both.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on October 02, 2024, 05:12:22 PMI thank the member for his question.

The primary duty of the Avocat-Xheneral is to provide legal advice to the Government and represent it in Cort. As the member is well aware, I have done both.

Túischac'h:

I thank the Minister for his reply. As a supplementary question, are there any current ongoing projects on which the A-X is assisting the Government as a part of this primary duty? Or is his role considered as on-call and as needed?

Ian Plätschisch

There are no ongoing projects, besides Tzaracomprada v. Plätschisch of course.

I will note that this is the first time in a while that the position of Avocat-Xheneral has been held by someone that does not hold another cabinet portfolio at the same time. I am indeed still "semi-retired" as I announced last year.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on October 02, 2024, 08:29:38 PMThere are no ongoing projects, besides Tzaracomprada v. Plätschisch of course.

I will note that this is the first time in a while that the position of Avocat-Xheneral has been held by someone that does not hold another cabinet portfolio at the same time. I am indeed still "semi-retired" as I announced last year.

I thank the Minister for his reply.