Discussion Thread - 3rd Clark

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, October 17, 2024, 10:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 18, 2024, 04:38:16 PMThe discourse is being poisoned by one or two people who are making everyone's Talossan lives boring, annoying, and sickening.

This is an accusation based on your own perception, Miestra. And I assure you has been thought about you before as well. I encourage you to take efforts to "lower the temperature" and not engage in rudeness or condescension seriously as well.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Hmmm. Not the first time we've heard "there was no harassment, the victim was only perceiving it" around here.

Let us all agree that moderators should enforce Wittiquette Rule 8 effectively, and if that were to come back on me, well, I would have deserved it.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 18, 2024, 05:15:02 PMHmmm. Not the first time we've heard "there was no harassment, the victim was only perceiving it" around here.

Let us all agree that moderators should enforce Wittiquette Rule 8 effectively, and if that were to come back on me, well, I would have deserved it.

Let me know when someone was victimized, by something other than their own imagination, and I'll take your harassment statement seriously. It is your party what was once led by an adjudicated victimizer (CCX) so please be careful with those kinds of statements.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Let's try to not bring up the extra-Talossan issues that literally no one in the kingdom could have either known about or prevented. We don't have guilt by association and it's an unfair thing to say.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
El Sovind Pudatïu / The Heir Presumptive
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 18, 2024, 04:26:41 PM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 18, 2024, 04:14:48 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 17, 2024, 11:51:24 AM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 17, 2024, 11:36:27 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 17, 2024, 10:57:06 AMMy goodness, you are still cute even when wrong and troubled by febrile imagination. :)

This is really coming across as rude. Let's refrain from commenting in this thread on other MC's votes.

I called him cute. That is far from rude. :)

I will say, for the record, I never said your post was rude, but that it came across that way so it really wasn't a characterization as much as an observation intended to keep Wittiquette in place.

Thank you for clarifying, Txec. If someone thought that being called cute was rude or was intended as such then I reiterate that I think they would be incorrect. I've also called Luc bae with a heart sign so it is not out of character for me. I suspect you are referring to "febrile imagination" which seemed sharp but not indecent or excessive and not out of the range of what has been said to me by various other people.

If everyone who has ever had something mean said to them was then allowed to say something mean in retort, well I don't know what that would turn in to.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on October 18, 2024, 06:58:21 PMLet's try to not bring up the extra-Talossan issues that literally no one in the kingdom could have either known about or prevented. We don't have guilt by association and it's an unfair thing to say.

The truth may be unfair but it is still true. The FreeDems were led by someone who went on to victimize his student. Just as the former RUMP was led by someone found guilty of heinous extra-Talossan crimes. Both parties rightly disavowed their behavior but their association with them remains.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 18, 2024, 05:15:02 PMNot the first time we've heard "there was no harassment, the victim was only perceiving it" around here.

I will say again that we should be careful when making statements like this. We have Talossans who have made actual victims of people.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I see Breneir's "make enemies of literally everyone" campaign continues, unabated.  Consistency is its own kind of virtue, I suppose.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on October 18, 2024, 10:02:10 PMI see Breneir's "make enemies of literally everyone" campaign continues, unabated.  Consistency is its own kind of virtue, I suppose.

You found a way to give a compliment Baron. I liked that.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on October 18, 2024, 10:02:10 PMI see Breneir's "make enemies of literally everyone" campaign continues, unabated.  Consistency is its own kind of virtue, I suppose.

To be scrupulously fair to him, there is a problem here which predates him, and that's it's impossible to moderate Witt. Because - since we're all political figures - nobody wants to moderate someone and then be accused of political bias. Especially since Brenéir entire political shtick has been trashing the reputation of the outgoing SoS, and he's now trying to do that to the presumed next SoS, i.e. the two people with the authority to do so. If someone has successfully "worked the refs" to the point that no-one can even try to impose any sanctions, what to do?

One might also note that if a male Talossan were talking to a female Talossan who was their political opponent, calling them "bae" and saying "you're cute" in a sneering manner, we would see that instantly as nasty harassment that deserved sanctions. And if that were the gender relation, we would also see "she's not really being harassed, she just perceives it as such" for the gross line it is. Whatever. WITTIQUETTE RULE 8: enforce it hard.

Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"They proved me right, they proved me wrong, but they could never last this long"

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 18, 2024, 10:34:38 PM

You are humiliating yourself.

Stop it.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on October 19, 2024, 07:12:29 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 18, 2024, 10:34:38 PM

You are humiliating yourself.

Stop it.

I'm not sure what you are talking about Ian. I did appreciate his compliment on my consistency.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 19, 2024, 02:52:06 AM

To be scrupulously fair to him, there is a problem here which predates him, and that's it's impossible to moderate Witt. Because - since we're all political figures - nobody wants to moderate someone and then be accused of political bias. Especially since Brenéir entire political shtick has been trashing the reputation of the outgoing SoS, and he's now trying to do that to the presumed next SoS, i.e. the two people with the authority to do so. If someone has successfully "worked the refs" to the point that no-one can even try to impose any sanctions, what to do?

One might also note that if a male Talossan were talking to a female Talossan who was their political opponent, calling them "bae" and saying "you're cute" in a sneering manner, we would see that instantly as nasty harassment that deserved sanctions. And if that were the gender relation, we would also see "she's not really being harassed, she just perceives it as such" for the gross line it is. Whatever. WITTIQUETTE RULE 8: enforce it hard.

There you go again, Miestra. Sneering? Nasty?  Again you are adding your opinion on the intent of what was said and presenting it as fact. Luc is handsome and I'll tell anyone who asks. I'm not sure I see the problem in saying that but I find the attention on that fact delightful. I mean I do, after all, find your reactions here adorable too but you thinking that I'm "creepy" is not a violation of Wittiquette. In the meantime, I'll continue that campaign on a nonpartisan SoS as long as you and the FreeDems make it necessary. There are several ways it can be resolved and I pray that Txec or Luc will take one of them.

xpb

Acting in my capacity as Witt administrator, I am locking this thread until the Tuischach requests otherwise.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode