News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

The most important Senäts election in years

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, July 15, 2020, 06:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: xpb on July 17, 2020, 11:26:46 PM
2. Will the ranked choice be all public votes on an individual basis? 
I personally have always voted in public along with many others, while some choose a secret ballot.  My opinion is that ranked choice needs full transparency and may have problems in a combined public and secret ballot system.

With respect, this is the kind of procedural quibbling I often get from the King when he wants to derail something.

Can I ask, YES NO or MAYBE, will you vote for the Ranked Choice Referendum Bill as currently proposed in the Hopper?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

xpb

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 19, 2020, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: xpb on July 17, 2020, 11:26:46 PM
2. Will the ranked choice be all public votes on an individual basis? 
I personally have always voted in public along with many others, while some choose a secret ballot.  My opinion is that ranked choice needs full transparency and may have problems in a combined public and secret ballot system.

With respect, this is the kind of procedural quibbling I often get from the King when he wants to derail something.

Can I ask, YES NO or MAYBE, will you vote for the Ranked Choice Referendum Bill as currently proposed in the Hopper?

The referendum is not about acceptance of the procedure of ranked choice voting, it is about an imbalance of choices.

It is my opinion that there should be a simple vote between options 1 - the King of Talossa shall continue to have the political powers granted by the current Organic Law.
and 3 - the King of Talossa shall be replaced by an elected Head of State

the 2nd option is effectively the same as #3.

I will vote Non

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Thank you.

The people of Cézembre and Maritiimi-Maxhéstic in this election thus have no choice but to vote Free Democrat to have their say on Royal powers.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on July 19, 2020, 11:24:34 PM
Thank you.

The people of Cézembre and Maritiimi-Maxhéstic in this election thus have no choice but to vote Free Democrat to have their say on Royal powers.
No, voting for the me in the Senate election is a vote to support the current level of Monarchical powers. I will also add that returning me to the Senate would have no effect on the Government's ability to enact their cabinet program (since VoCs are taken only of the Cosa).

If a voter's number one priority is an active cabinet (and does not believe the LCC can deliver that, which I admit would be a reasonable critique of us, but I can assure you we are working on it), but their number two priority is allowing the King to keep his small amount of remaining power, it would be completely reasonable to vote FreeDem for the Cosa but vote for me in my Senate election.

Sir Lüc

QuoteThe most important Senäts election in years

Leave it to fate that, immediately after I leave, the most interesting Senate election in a while is taking place...

I don't think I can claim any credit, nor do I want any, for any supposed increased interest in the Senate. I just wish the new crop of Senators, including whoever will take my place, will build on the work that has been done in all these years and make the Senate an even better, more effective tool of constructive scrutiny and deliberation.

Good luck to all those running, and thank you to those I shared my six years in the Senate with.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă