News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Need Some help, friends!

Started by Muhammed Yasir, July 29, 2020, 01:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhammed Yasir

Hello, friends!

I'm kind of new here (well, totally new) and I want to gain "Citizen" status soon. The mail I received said that I must be an active member to do this.

But, unfortunately, I can't find anything here to openly talk about. So, please help me become a full citizen, as I'm still a Prospective Citizen.

Tell me some ideas to be fully active, or just start talking to me from here. We can get to know each other easily and quickly...
-Yasir

Françal I. Lux

Azul! We'd be happy to help you get settled in Talossa. Tell us, what about Talossa are you interested in? What drew you in in the first place? There's the language of course, if you're interested in that. There's also policy making.

If you want, you can start by learning more about our history and culture. That way everything won't seem so foreign when you delve in.
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Another way to get involved once you're a citizen would be the Zuavs.  Information can be found here.  Or if you have questions, please feel free to drop me a message!
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Açafat del Val

Hi, sir. Have you connected with anyone on Facebook, and have you decided upon a political party which you would like to join?

When I first immigrated almost three years ago, I found a substantially greater area of communication in several Facebook groups (for better or for worse) and, once I joined a political party, I suddenly had access to an active and responsive network of Talossans.

Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Açafat del Val on August 02, 2020, 10:14:52 AM
once I joined a political party, I suddenly had access to an active and responsive network of Talossans.

It's probably true that joining a political party is the fastest way to join a network. The sad thing is that this usually results in citizens joining parties not out of ideological agreement (or even understanding of the issues), but for networking purposes. Especially when there is one dominant party this creates a positive feedback loop that can be really suffocate political diversity. This was very much true in the RUMP days (and to be honest, I think Talossan political life is a lot more similar to the RUMP era than it was say 5 years ago, for multiple reasons) Also, it means that its harder for anyone not immediately interested in politics to fit in.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Either way, I would advise anyone to take some time to figure out the main political issues and understand more about how Talossa works before joining a party.

(Btw, also, this: http://wiki.talossa.com/Broosking Not saying anyone is doing that here, but I hope it's still something people are cautious about.)

Finding more Talossans on facebook is a good idea for any new citizen though. There is a semi-active witt facebook group that should probably be used more.

Açafat del Val

It is for the above reasons, Glüc, that I wish and will be trying to move more activity off Facebok and back onto Witt. A prospective citizen should not have to find or penetrate opaque and publicly unknown Facebook groups just to become active. We need and ought to have a central avenue; it would make immigration, naturalization, and assimilation so very much easier.

For the uninitiated:

QuoteBroosking is the act of recruiting a prospective citizen of Talossa into a particular political party. It is widely regarded as unethical, though it is not illegal. To speak to a prospective citizen about Talossan politics before he or she is granted citizenship, especially in a way that would tend to colour the prospective citizen's opinion about one party or another, is considered to be broosking and is strongly frowned-upon.

In any case, I say to Muhammed and any other prospective citizen: Please reach out if you'd like to be introduced constructively (i.e., without bias) to the various circles of Talossa. I would be more than happy to help, and can do so without poisoning your well to my own political leanings.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Anyway, Muhammed, it's not as excited as the real election, but if you're interested, you're very welcome to vote on the Talossan Music Top 20:

https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=381.msg2671#new

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on August 02, 2020, 10:50:36 AM
It's probably true that joining a political party is the fastest way to join a network. The sad thing is that this usually results in citizens joining parties not out of ideological agreement (or even understanding of the issues), but for networking purposes. Especially when there is one dominant party this creates a positive feedback loop that can be really suffocate political diversity. This was very much true in the RUMP days (and to be honest, I think Talossan political life is a lot more similar to the RUMP era than it was say 5 years ago, for multiple reasons) Also, it means that its harder for anyone not immediately interested in politics to fit in.

I think I agree with you, but could you be more precise? Are you saying that the Free Democrats have formed a kind of "critical mass" as the dominant party, and thus are becoming a self-perpetuating oligarchy like the RUMP was?

If so, I agree that this is a danger, and I criticised the old RUMP hegemony and I am no hypocrite. Which is why the bigger the Free Democrats get, the tighter I try to make the ideology, to discourage becoming a big tent/pot-pie blob and continue to be the "sensible Left wing" of Talossan politics. That's why eg. I encouraged ESB to leave to re-found the NPW.

Or can you go into more detail if I've got the wrong end of the stick?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eðo Grischun

"Need some help, friends"

Could I offer to help by, perhaps, asking for you to help me?

I'm about to begin work on the next phase of immigration reforms and I think that your input would be highly valuable at this time.  You are currently stuck in the bitter-sweet point that we all know exists with the immigration procedure - that being that you are interested and want to be active, but it isn't clearly obvious what you should be doing.  So, before you lose interest, would you be willing to help us and future immigrants by taking part in a project? A case study of sorts?

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Muhammed Yasir

Quote from: Françal I. Lux on July 29, 2020, 02:18:36 PM
Azul! We'd be happy to help you get settled in Talossa. Tell us, what about Talossa are you interested in? What drew you in in the first place? There's the language of course, if you're interested in that. There's also policy making.

If you want, you can start by learning more about our history and culture. That way everything won't seem so foreign when you delve in.

I have already read about this place. The idea of building such a place is what inspired me to enter and apply for citizenship. Thanks for getting in touch, again...
-Yasir

Muhammed Yasir

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on July 29, 2020, 02:41:11 PM
Another way to get involved once you're a citizen would be the Zuavs.  Information can be found here.  Or if you have questions, please feel free to drop me a message!

Thanks!
But I don't understand how it could be used for networking. Can you please explain this in detail, if you don't mind???
-Yasir

Muhammed Yasir

Quote from: Açafat del Val on August 02, 2020, 10:14:52 AM
Hi, sir. Have you connected with anyone on Facebook, and have you decided upon a political party which you would like to join?

When I first immigrated almost three years ago, I found a substantially greater area of communication in several Facebook groups (for better or for worse) and, once I joined a political party, I suddenly had access to an active and responsive network of Talossans.

Thanks for the idea!
Although there are varying views on how this could be used and how it'd end up, I'd like to try...
If you don't mind, could you share some links of some legit FB groups (as I found a lot of it)
-Yasir

Muhammed Yasir

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on August 03, 2020, 04:59:34 AM

I'm about to begin work on the next phase of immigration reforms and I think that your input would be highly valuable at this time.  You are currently stuck in the bitter-sweet point that we all know exists with the immigration procedure - that being that you are interested and want to be active, but it isn't clearly obvious what you should be doing.  So, before you lose interest, would you be willing to help us and future immigrants by taking part in a project? A case study of sorts?

Thanks for replying. And, yes! I'd love to help. Just let me know some more details on the project and I'll get into it asap, if possible...
-Yasir

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Muhammed Yasir on August 04, 2020, 01:06:57 PM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on August 03, 2020, 04:59:34 AM

Thanks for replying. And, yes! I'd love to help. Just let me know some more details on the project and I'll get into it asap, if possible...

Great! I'll be in touch in the coming days.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode