News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Started by Wittmeister, December 03, 2019, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittmeister

Hello everyone,

welcome to RTWittenberg, the newest iteration of our beloved forum, now entirely hosted on our own servers. From now on, you can register and begin posting.

Please use this thread to post feedback, questions, requests and similar stuff concerning the new forum. I will use this thread to post notices and updates on this forum's functions.

Lüc, probably-Wittmeister-to-be (?)

GV

How do we archive this board?  I would love native functionality to be able to make an archive of the whole of this Witt each week and in a format that is non-proprietary.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

Quote from: GV on December 03, 2019, 04:59:11 PM
How do we archive this board?  I would love native functionality to be able to make an archive of the whole of this Witt each week and in a format that is non-proprietary.

There is no native backup functionality from inside this forum, but it's as easy as making a backup of the database, which has to be done from my own end sadly.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Am I right that there's not a facility for "liking" posts on this forum?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on December 03, 2019, 05:10:40 PM
Am I right that there's not a facility for "liking" posts on this forum?

You are correct, but there are mods for that and I have found one that should work fine. However, it somehow conflicts with the theme we're using or something, so once that's sorted out that function will be made available.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

GV

Quote from: Lüc on December 03, 2019, 05:10:10 PM

There is no native backup functionality from inside this forum, but it's as easy as making a backup of the database, which has to be done from my own end sadly.

Ugh.  Is it possible for me to have admin rights limited to making such backups?

Sir Lüc

Quote from: GV on December 03, 2019, 05:20:46 PM

Ugh.  Is it possible for me to have admin rights limited to making such backups?

I might be able to do you one better and set up an autobackup with a link you can just grab every week. I'll get back to you on this.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Can we renew the "latest unread (59) posts" feature?

GV

Ian Plätschisch

No shoutbox?

Is there an option to access the BBCode or is everything supposed to work without it?

GV

Quote from: Lüc on December 03, 2019, 05:28:03 PM
Quote from: GV on December 03, 2019, 05:20:46 PM

I might be able to do you one better and set up an autobackup with a link you can just grab every week. I'll get back to you on this.

Sounds good.  I want both me and you (if you are willing) to be on this with saving the database every week.  If you like, I'll add you to the Royal Archives staff officially for this specific purpose.

If you could put through a backup today or tomorrow and get the link to me, that would be excellent.  I want to see how the files work and are arranged.

One thing is interesting, in URLs, "topic"-numbers in our forum don't start at '1'.  Topic number one resolves to a 404, and your first post on the main forum is numbered '4'.  Far more problematic is the lack of subject-lines being in thread URLs.  Also, I see no direct links in individual posts, though in my archving of Witt XI, I always ignore individual post-links, anyway.

You have put in a ton of work on this, already.  Thank you so much!

Eðo Grischun

Very nice interface.  I've not looked on desktop yet, but on mobile this forum is a huge improvement over the old one just on the eyes alone.

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on December 03, 2019, 06:08:16 PM
No shoutbox?

Is there an option to access the BBCode or is everything supposed to work without it?

Do we need a shout box? Old Witt didn't always have one, it's only been a feature the past few years.  I could live without it.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I don't like the Shoutbox because it doesn't leave a record. It seems a very efficient way for people to talk miéidâ about other Talossans without leaving a permanent record. If Lüc wants to set up a "Chat room" of some other sort, I'm fine as long as it leaves records.