A very short history of Talossa - new Oraclâ Press publication!

Started by GV, August 04, 2020, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HVv7xfw_kLFyniSIRdefoXJ_ftP-61IF/view?usp=sharing

Absolute bare-bones retelling of the whole of Talossan history from start to finish - this is my provisional work in advance of my full-blown to come (eventually) - enjoy!

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

If in the future I ever have more time and energy I'd love to assist in expanding (and perhaps offer a different perspective on) the history past 2009 (and maybe do some digging into what happened in the Kingdom 2005-2009 as well).
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

GV

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on August 04, 2020, 07:52:06 AM
If in the future I ever have more time and energy I'd love to assist in expanding (and perhaps offer a different perspective on) the history past 2009 (and maybe do some digging into what happened in the Kingdom 2005-2009 as well).

Yes, indeed!  I think we can at least somewhat objectively talk about through 2012 and definitely up to 2005.  My 'specialty', of course, is the 2002-2004 period.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Wow. Lots and lots and LOTS of people have talked about this for years - me included - and GV just went out and did it.

You're getting a medal for this, va amic.

Anyway! Who likes the idea of turning this into a protected page on the Wiki, which can be edited by approved members of the "New Talossan History Project" - an organisation I just made up, and for which I call for volunteers?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

QuoteTalossan politics continues to be vibrant while work on the language to my knowledge has stagnated once more.

HEY!
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Ian Plätschisch

Very good work!

My only problems are, of course, with your description of post-Reunision Talossa.

I'll sign on to this "History of Talossa" project as a subject matter expert on 2015-Present. Maybe not the most useful time period to be expert in, but my memory is quite good.

C. M. Siervicül

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Great, we've got a little cadre. Next step is for GV to put AVSHT into TalossaWiki-page form.

I'm of course a subject expert on The Republic, but without the various RepublicWitts available I'll have to rely on my memory and old QIs. I can make a start, a least.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan