Thoughts on Talossan history project from the Royal Archives

Started by GV, August 05, 2020, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

Thanks, everyone, for the great interest shown in my 'short history' of Talossa.  It was done in the course of one night over a period of about six hours and is not intended to endure as a permanent document.  It accomplishes the goal, however, of a provisional single document telling briefly the whole of Talossan history.

My vision for all of you is for all of you - every single one of you - to create your own detailed Talossan biographies with your opinions, your thoughts, your commentary, and your putting together the fine details of things I would miss here or there. 

Naturally, I am most interested in the 2002-2007 period in the Kingdom.  A history of the Republic will have to be a separate project, and I am really not the one to write that story.  The best people to write that would be Kane, Miestrâ, Mike L., Ián A., Carlüs X., and Dieter.

This is a project that cannot be done in a few weeks - the creation of multiple detailed commentaries, opinions, etc., and all of this must be done with the recognition that up to Reunision, we can be more objective about things.  Post-Reunision and in certain aspects of the 2005-2011 period, none of us can have a truly objective point of view.

I will incorporate all of the primary-source documents you all can put together from your own memories into my own work, and I hope you will find cause to be able to do the same with mine.  One of my goals for my own big, huge Talossa book is to rewrite 'A Nation Sundered' in such a way the original emotional impact can be preserved while re-telling the story of the Joint Statement and many other details far more coherently than I did the first time in 2005 when I put out the first edition.

I believe all of this work on your part and mine will take three years from today, and in the light of COVID and other things now being a permanent part of our lives, I am strongly considering jettisonning the '42 Project' and starting over from scratch with a new Archives overall plan.  That being said, I still consider the '42 Project' to have been a great success.

More to come...

GV, Royal Archivist

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan