Nimlet Session XVII (Sep 2020-May 2021)

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, September 01, 2020, 08:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Açafat del Val

Fair enough. I'm still of the opinion that these rewards ought to be allowed to be granted on any day with enough notice, even if it'd be better to do so on the actual Florencia Day. But perhaps I can introduce my own resolution amending the law, what having the two wee seats here that I have ;)

In any case, I vote PER on Resolution 2020-03.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Açafat del Val on September 22, 2020, 11:35:13 AM
Fair enough. I'm still of the opinion that these rewards ought to be allowed to be granted on any day with enough notice, even if it'd be better to do so on the actual Florencia Day. But perhaps I can introduce my own resolution amending the law, what having the two wee seats here that I have ;)

In any case, I vote PER on Resolution 2020-03.

Just as a heads up. Should you propose an amending resolution allowing the award to be granted on any day with enough notice then I will gladly support it.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on September 15, 2020, 01:00:27 PM
Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-01. It has passed with 8 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-01 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Constable. @King John, please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, September 29, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto the Resolution will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

The period for consideration by the Constable has now closed.
I note there has been no response from @King John (the responsible party since the office of Constable is vacant).
Therefore, Resolution 2020-01 is deemed approved and the Constitution is amended as set forth in the Resolution.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-02. It has passed with 10 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-02 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Constable. @King John, please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, October 14, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto the Resolution will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Resolution 2020-04

QuoteThe Resubmitted Dominance of Order Act

WHEREAS during a former less active period of Florencia's Nimlet, S:da Cjara Brainerd proposed the following resolution which did not receive due consideration, and

WHEREAS everyone likes order, and there is no more lovely thing than a book of rules and a deck of cards, where each card has no numerical value, and

WHEREAS Set is just such a game involving a deck of 81 cards and if one card goes missing you have to spend upwards of 12 louise to buy a whole new game, and

WHEREAS the deck is built of cards that you have to try and order, not by type or number or color, but by matching a 'set' of three cards that have the same number of differences, and

WHEREAS Set with, its odd number of cards having three colors, three shapes, three different kinds of shading, and three number patterns clearly reflects order, and

WHEREAS Set isn't really a game anything like orderly as you don't take turns and you routinely end up with an odd number of cards left over, now

THEREFORE be it enacted by the Nimlet of the Province of Florencia, that this great province does hereby take Set under the metaphorical Florencian wing, take note of the fact that it is just good commerce at 12 louise (15 dollars) that the thing can get rendered completely worthless by the loss of a single card, and does hereby make Set the official game of Florencia.

Voting will close at 9:00AM TST on October 20th, 2020.

Submitted by Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia; Member-House of Shepherds

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-03. It has passed with 10 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-03 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Constable. @King John, please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, October 21, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto the Resolution will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Açafat del Val

I abstain on Resolution 2020-04. I support the idea but find the wording a little bloated and do not have the intention to offer an amendment.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Resolution 2020-05

Constitutional Amendment on Article IV, Section 3 and the addition of a new Section immediately following

WHEREAS, there is currently no constitutional provision designating a period of non-voting consideration of resolutions submitted to the House of Shepherds, and

WHEREAS, a designated period of review can allow an official route to the consideration of questions and/or amendments before the commencement of the voting period, now

THEREFORE, be it resolved, the Constitution of Florencia is amended to include a new section between Article IV, Sections 3 and 4 (would become 5 with passage of this amendment). It would read as follows:

QuoteSection 4. Review of Resolutions by House of Shepherds

Before commencement of voting, resolutions submitted to the House of Shepherds shall undergo a minimum seven (7) day period of review by members of the House of Shepherds. During this period of review questions and amendments may be submitted by members of the House of Shepherds. Amendments to resolutions are not subject to the same Constitutional restrictions on consideration as regular resolutions.

Be it further resolved that Section 3 is amended to read:

QuoteSection 3. Deadlines for Final Votes in the House of Shepherds.

Whosoever may introduce a resolution to be considered by the House of Shepherds, shall establish at the same time a deadline by which all final votes thereon shall be made.
The deadline for the final votes on a resolution of the Nimlet, as established by its author or primary sponsor, shall be not later than the scheduled termination of the session of the same Nimlet, nor earlier than the fourteenth calendar day following the date of its introduction and the end of the period of review.

Voting will close at 9:00AM TST on October 24th, 2020.

Submitted by Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia; Member-House of Shepherds

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Açafat del Val

Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on September 30, 2020, 09:45:19 AM
Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-02. It has passed with 10 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-02 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Constable. @King John, please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, October 14, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto the Resolution will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

The period for consideration by the Constable or King has now closed.
I note there has been no response from @King John (the responsible party since the office of Constable is vacant).
Therefore, Resolution 2020-02 is deemed approved.
The province now has a new Day of Observance on each 1 September known as Florencia Day.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Resolution 2020-06

QuoteNew Provincial Citizen Welcome

WHEREAS, Florencia, like many of Talossa's provinces has faced the perennial challenge of inactivity, and
WHEREAS, one potential solution is to conduct outreach to incoming new citizens and connect them with opportunities to participate in the province's affairs, and
WHEREAS, early contact between provincial leaders and incoming new citizens may also lead to greater knowledge of new citizen skills and interests.

Therefore, be it resolved, that Florencia's provincial officers of state (Constable and Governor) are encouraged to jointly and/or individually welcome new provincial citizens. This welcome message should be delivered to the new provincial citizen within seven (7) calendar days of the Secretary of State's certification of citizenship. Minimum suggested methods of welcome are via Wittenberg private message or non-Wittenberg email. Minimum suggested components of the welcome message include general information or directions to general information about the province.

Voting will close at 9:00AM TST on October 30th, 2020.

Submitted by Breneir Itravilatx
Governor of Florencia
Member, House of Shepherds

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Açafat del Val

Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia