News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

JOBS BOARD - Onboarding now

Started by Eðo Grischun, September 20, 2020, 03:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

http://talossa.com/jobs

The Talossan Job Centre is now fully live and ready to be used.

To make use of the job board please register a 'jobseekers' account.  The government will begin populating the site with job listings very shortly, but please still head over and register so that everything is ready for you at time of launch.  Note that user accounts are tied to WordPress accounts, so if you already had a user account on Talossa.com then your account has already been moved to Jobseeker status.

Features of the site for jobseekers are:

- Create and store resume/cv
- Create and store cover letters
- Create and store multiple resumes and cover letters for different types of jobs (say a political one and a cultural one)
- View jobs by category (governmental, cultural, military, journalism, etc)
- View jobs by "political" or "non-political"
- Search tool for finding jobs
- Apply for jobs by sending resume/CV direct to employer (or by whatever application process the employer specifies)

Features of the site for employers are:

- Post and edit jobs
- Receive applications
- Search the resume/CV bank for headhunting

So, yeah, head on over and make sure your existing accounts can access the control panel or to register an account.  Play around with the resume/CV builder and get ready for the government (and hopefully other organisations) to start posting jobs. As time goes on be sure to regularly check for new postings that you may be interested in!

I will get in touch with Cabinet Ministers after the new government formation and provide details for accessing your "employer" accounts. 

Any other organisation that thinks they would like to make use of the site for posting job vacancies please get in touch and I'll get you set up.

As ever, a reminder that I am human and some mistakes may be present here or there.  If you spot anything that needs tweaked or fixed please let me know!

http://talossa.com/jobs

(A note about jobseeker accounts vs employer accounts:  I've tried every way that I can think of to make the site work in such a way that a single user account could act as both a jobseeker and employer, but it seems impossible to make it actually workable. There are too many conflicts in trying to make a single account be able to access two very different control dashboards.  As a result the two groups require to be segregated.  Everybody should just have a jobseeker account while "employers" should have a second and separate employers account.  For example, I would have a personal account in the name of Eovart Grischun, which is my jobseekers account and separate to that I will also have a second employers account in the name of Minister of Stuff.  This actually has a longer term benefit in that when I no longer hold the office of MinStuff the account can be passed on to the next Minister and I would still be able to continue on as a jobseeker with my personal account later on.  So, regardless of whether you will be using the job board to post jobs or not, you should still make sure to have a regular jobseekers account for personal use. Registration is open for jobseekers now, however to limit confusion and mistakes I have disallowed registration for employers.  Employer accounts will need to be made manually by site admins.  In the first instance, I have created employer accounts for all Cabinet Ministries.  Any other organisation that requires an employers account please get in touch.  This is not limited to governmental or official business by the way.  Any and all organisations may make use of this site including cultural groups, newspaper and media outlets, anything.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Perhaps an employer account for the Chancery and the Scribery?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Eðo Grischun

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Adam Grigoriu

I feel kinda cheated that I didn't get to play with the new system and got mine the old-fashioned way. It looks very well done!
Current
    Director of the Office of Preparedness and Response, RTMC HQ

Former
    Minister of the Interior & Permanent Secretary for Immigration

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Adam Grigoriu on September 20, 2020, 05:32:51 PM
I feel kinda cheated that I didn't get to play with the new system and got mine the old-fashioned way. It looks very well done!

Ha :)

The other night when I manually created your account the old way was because I was also creating a special access group at the same time specifically for "PermSecWebMonkey".  It just made sense to do the two things at the same time rather than making the group then waiting for you to register for me to have to go back in and assign the permissions.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on September 20, 2020, 03:35:49 PM
Perhaps an employer account for the Chancery and the Scribery?

Done.  You have a few emails for access.

Just another thing, if any "employer" doesn't wish to deal with posting jobs or doesn't want to have to have an account (say for a one off vacancy that will never need future updates or whatever) then the Ministry of Stuff is able to post jobs from the admin panel on your behalf.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I know that there have been some recent jobs postings -- just want to remind people that this tool exists!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein